Justin H asked in SportsBaseball · 1 decade ago

NL Rookie of the Year Award?

Right now who is at the top,

I would go with J. Happ though I'm saying that from watching him more.

Favorite Answer

Its got to be J.A. Happ, he's pitched well all year. I think i heard that the Cardinals had a good rookie outfielder, i think it was Cody something, but with the aquisition of Matt Holiday, his playing time is going to go down, plus the fact he was already slupping. J.A. Happ has been carrying the Phillies starting rotation since he was put into it when chan ho park couldn't cut it any more. There's a reason the phils wouldn't give him to the Blue Jays. He also is tied for the the league lead with two shutouts, one on wednesday night.

Source(s): Go Phils!!

I'd like to say Gerardo Parra OF for the Diamondbacks.

He has a cannon for an arm and quick feet underneath him.

The D'backs are a very underrated team. They don't have the record to show it, but anyone who watches the D'backs are starting to realize that they are coming around. They're not gunna make the playoffs, but they should finish at .500

Gerardo Parra is a key element in the D'back lineup. He is great with runners in scoring position.

He's batting a cool .290 and has already driven in 41 runs. That is very impressive for a rookie season.

Eventhough I wish the Diamondbacks had some more recognition, I see the award going to Happ, just like everyone else.

Colby Rasmus woulda been my first selection since he's on my fav. team and he was supposed to come up and be a stud which he was for a while. But then he hasnt been hitting and now that Holliday is there he wont see as much at-bats. So i agree with everyone else JA Happ.

J.A. Happ. My teams rookie pitcher is 8-2 with a extremly low ERA. Its amazing! If Jamie and Cole start pitching better i hear WS repeat.

• red

I agree with you Happ has been pretty amazing for a rookie.

JA Happ. I agree.

ur right, ja happ is gonna win it easily, there arent many good rookies this year

Pablo Sandoval from the SF Giants. has had a BA of around 335% since the beginning of the season