Question about teething . . .?

I have a 3 yr old son, but it has been so long I forgot! My 7.5 month old son has been teething for weeks now and still nothing :( Poor thing is miserable, not sleeping well, not eating well, very fussy and is normally a very happy little guy . . . anyways, my question is do the top teeth come in in front of the gum, or in the middle of it like the bottom ones do? It looks like there are teeth in his top gums, under the skin and his gums look a little whitish too. There is only a tiny space under these "teeth" that is just his gums. I definitely see the bottom bumps so I know those are coming - does it sound like the top are coming as well? Thanks in advance!

Favorite Answer

Sounds like it! My daughter will be 1 on the 19th and just cut her two bottom teeth last weekend.

Her top teeth look swollen and sore and are very white. They are so close to cutting through, as there is no room between the bottom of the teeth and her gum surface.

It sounds like they are very close!

my daughter just got her first bottom tooth, and she has been teething since 3-4 months :( she just turned 8 months today. It also looks like her top teeth are coming in too, i feel so bad for her. It probably is his top teeth because babies usually get the top teeth soon after the bottom. 6-7months is average for the bottom and 7-12 for the 2 top and other 2 bottom teeth. Hope I helped!

Source(s): mommy to an 8 month old

Every baby is different. I think it's usually the lower teeth come in first, then the top teeth (??), but my daughter had the reversal which surprised the pediatrician, but the top came in within days of the bottom. Since then, she's always gotten her teeth in threes and fours. It must be so painful.

middle! go get some teething tablets and rub in his gums until they dissolves. works like a charm. dont use the gel it just really give them a bad taste in their mouth.