Who was more popular? (Michael Jackson vs Elvis Presley)?

In life who had more achievements in their career? Michael Jackson or Elvis Presley?

29 Answers

Relevance
  • Favorite Answer

Michael Jackson definitely.

He achieved more in just the music industry-thriller is the best selling album by far.

He revolutionized music and made greater impacts.

Michael also achieved the most outside the entertainment industry. His music broke racial barriers and he was the first African American to be on MTV.

He was the greatest philanthropist and humanitarian. He was featured in the Guinness book of world records for donating the most money and sponsoring the most charities. He had the biggest heart and REALLY LOVED.

When elvis died, America went crazy.

Michael died, the whole world is mourning so deeply. We are in grief.

• Login to reply the answers
  • The6ix
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

I Think Michael's Achieved More But Elvis Will Always Be Recognized

• 5 years ago

U all stop talking about whites only like Elvis! Think before u all say something! I'm black and I have couple black friends who are crazy about Elvis and so am i! I'm a huge Elvis fan! Who is more popular? Micheal of course, but who is more sexier and was more talented, Elvis!! I like Elvis way better!! Micheal stole some of his styles!! If it won't for Elvis shaking his hips and made people see that it was okay to show that on TV, then there would be no Micheal!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

While one of Michael Jackson's albums have sold more than any single album that Elvis had, Elvis has sold millions of more copies of his albums than Michael Jackson ever has.

Although Elvis Presley has been dead for 32 years now, his albums continue to outsell some modern singers and bands.

Of course when it comes to who is or was more popular, young boys would have to vote for Michael Jackson. If they'd been alive back then, Elvis wouldn't have molested any of them...to their dismay.

Ed

Source(s): Public records show that although Elvis may have been abusive to his wife and a poor father to his daughter, but he was never charged with child moslestation...TWICE! Perhaps more of us should moarn the loss of other sex offenders.
    • Dino3 years agoReport

They were both great but John Lennon was better

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Michael Jackson.

• 1 decade ago

Who has more achievements in their career? Michael Jackson, since you have to start counting at his age of 10, before he graduated from grade school, he already had 4 number 1 singles. (ABC, I Want U Back, I'll Be There, The Love U Save).

Since then every year, he and his brothers would have recognition and awards and continued further with him as he went solo.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

People were quite nuts about Elvis. He was probably more of a white phenomena though. The industry at his time was dominated by whites. He did appeal to a lot of ages, from kids to older folks, and to both genders. But black people probably just heard him and felt kind of ripped off.

I've heard MJ be referred to as the 'Black Elvis'. Unfortunately though we didn't hear much about MJ out here at all in the past 10 years or more than that. He was nearly forgotten. But I think they'll both be remembered as being equally influential and iconic for their time. MJ was the last true iconic showbiz man for my money.

Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Michael Jackson was a pioneer.

The man who wrote most of Elvis Presley's songs was a black man named Otis Blackwell, that died penniless. Michael gave honor to whom honor was due and changed the lives of millions, and many people would have died without Michael Jackson, for he is an incredible global humanitarian, he was such an innovator, and everything he did was new, from the use of short films as promotional tools , to his iconic glove, everything he did was true magic. He was a genius. Elvis was not original at all, and Michael is more globally rejoiced. In the Middle East and West Africa most people do not know that Elvis existed, there are some people that even know no English apart from Michael's songs. So for ME, it has to be Michael Jackson.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_awards_receiv...

http://www.duddi.dk/charity.php

http://www.thesilencedtruth.com/index.php?option=c...

• 1 decade ago

They were popular for different things. If youre talking about music then Elvis. But if youre talking about facial reconstruction and molestation charges then Michael. If youre talking about drug overdose then its probably a tie.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Michael Jackson.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.