Important do not go to crowded places like public thoroughfare, market, waterparks or any other parks, near shops selling pork or buy pork because you never know if the pork is from pig or swine even if you get it cheaper than usual price, where there is centralised air conditioning as in shopping mall, theatre, restaurant.
Tips given by Biplab Mukherjee which he has given in good faith from some source but some are funny as produced below seem funny if you try to follow them.
Preventive Measures for Swine Flu
These are Universal Precaution measures for any airborne respiratory infections.
2. Wash your hands frequently with soap and water. YOU WILL HAVE TO CARRY SOAP AND WATER IN YOUR BAG AS THESE WILL NOT BE EASILY AVAILABLE IN PUBLIC PLACES, HOW FREQUENTLY IS NOT TIME SPECIFIC.
3. Avoid touching your nose, mouth and eyes. USE GLOVES ALWAYS AND IF YOU HAVE TO TOUCH THESE ORGANS OF YOURS PLEASE REMOVE THE GLOVES AND TOUCH THEM.
4. Cover your cough and sneezes with a tissue or cough into your upper sleeve. COUGHING INTO YOUR UPPER SLEEVE SOCIALLY UNHEALTHY IDEA AS SOMEBODY WHO IS STANDING CLOSE TO YOU COULD GET AFFECTED BY YOUR UPPER SLEEVE, BESIDES THE UPPER SLEEVE WILL NOT COVER YOUR MOUTH AND NOSE WHEN YOU SNEEZE.
5. Cover your Nose/Mouth if anyone around is coughing/sneezing. IT IS BETTER TO WEAR A VEIL LIKE THE MUSLIM WOMEN OR KEEP IT COVERED LIKE A BANDIT RATHER THAN RUSHING TO COVER YOUR NOSE/MOUTH SOMEBODY AROUND IS SNEEZING AND THIS COVERING UP BUSINESS WILL BE DIFFICULT IF YOU ARE TRAVELLING IN A LOCAL TRAIN OR YOU ARE CARRYING THINGS IN BOTH THE HANDS, THE VEIL OR BURQA COULD BE BETTER.
6. Avoid shaking hands and always wash your hands after physical contact with others. THIS IS PREPOSTEROUS, WASHING HANDS AFTER SHAKING, IT WOULD LOOK RUDE, BETTER JOIN BOTH PALMS OF YOUR HAND IN NAMASTE, IN SUCH TIMES THE BHARTIYA MODE OF GREETING IS A HEALTHY WAY OUT.
7. Keep frequently touched surfaces clean (telephone, desks, office equipments etc). AVOID GOING TO CYBERCAFES AS THE MOUSE, THE KEYBOARD COULD BE TOUCHED BY AN INFECTED PERSON.
8. Limit unnecessary visitors. PUT A BOARD OUTSIDE YOUR OFFICE, BEWARE OF SWINE FLU, KEEP SAFE DISTANCE OF 2 FEET FROM THE PERSON INSIDE (I.E. YOUR GOODSELF).
9. Maintain a healthy lifestyle; attention to rest, diet, exercise and relaxation helps maintain good physical and emotional heath. NOW THAT YOU WON'T BE GOING TO MALL, OR ANY PUBLIC PLACE YOU CAN DO ALL OR EITHER OF THESE AS MENTIONED IN POINT NO.9.
11.Avoid unnecessary travel to Swine Flu affected International / domestic destinations. DOE IT MEAN IF IT IS NECESSARY FOR YOU TO TRAVEL TO SWINE FLU AFFECTED AREA YOU WONT GET INFECTED, THIS IS RIDICULOUS, BETTER CHECK WITH THE MUNICIPALITY HOW TO IDENTIFY IF THE AREA IS SWINE FLU AFFECTED. SUPPOSE THE NEWS SAYS SO MANY PERSONS DIED OF SWINE FLU FROM XYZ AREA THEN CATCH THE FIRST TRAIN AND LEAVE THAT XYZ AREA AND GO TO THE VILLAGE, WHERE THERE ARE NO SWINES ROAMING IN THE VILLAGE.
12.If travel to Swine Flu High Risk areas required, use a Face Mask ( N-95 WHO approved for Swine Flu). IF THAT IS NOT AVAILABLE OR YOU DO NOT KNOW WHERE TO GET IT WEAR A VEIL / BURQA OR COVER YOUR FACE LIKE A BANDIT.