What do you think of Mara?

We want to call our daughter Mara. Should I name her Amara, Tamara, Marabel, or just plain Mara? Also, what do you think of the name Mara? What kind of person do you expect a Mara to be?

Update:

Ooh, I didn't think of Samara. I think too much of the ring with that one. A little too spooky!

14 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Mara is quite sweet, I'd stick with that.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

I love the name! I'm assuming you're pronouncing it Mah-rah. It's simple but pretty. I don't think it needs a longer name, but if you do choose one, I like Marabel best. I would expect a girl or woman named Mara to be responsible, friendly but kind of quiet, and pretty in a very natural sort of way.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Just Mara would be cute, Mara is a really cute name. I think of Mara as cute but maybe a little shy, and really fun and unique when you get to know her. Also, very smart and creative.

• 1 decade ago

Mara is a nice name. Marabel could also be good, because then she would be able to be called by Two names; Marabel or she could just shorten it to Mara. :)

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Lo
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Marabel and she should go by Mara so pretty!

I picture:

A girl with ash blonde/light brown hair, straight hair, tan skin, big blue eyes and little. Good luck ~I LOVE Derek

• 1 decade ago

Mara! i LOVE that name! i think Marabel is really pretty, and her nickname could be Mara. i picture a girl, sort of shy, but really smart. and brown hair and big brown eyes and really pretty. creative, and friendly. :)

• 1 decade ago

Mara is such a cute name.

I know a girl named Mara and she is so nice.

Stick with that name.(:

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I think just Mara is very sweet.

• 1 decade ago

I like Mara by itself, but I like Marabelle even better, or even Marabella!!! :)

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Samara

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.