jazz
Lv 5
jazz asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

If having the first hispanic Supreme Court justice is so important to libs,...?

...then why did they work so hard to shoot down Miguel Estrada's nomination to the D.C. Circuit appeals court? He was the only appeals court nominee EVER filibustered out of a job at that time. The dems then proceeded to do the same to nine other Bush judicial nominees. Estrada gave in after seeing his wife brought to tears by false accusations and obnoxious personal attacks by dem senators on what was supposed to be a happy day for his family. It's funny how the historical importance of a nominee or policy is a bigger deal when it comes with a left wing agenda attached, and somehow a person's ethnic background only matters to libs if that person's political agenda agrees with their own. That old lib double standard rears its ugly head yet again.

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Libs only like diversity if it favors them.

• 4 years ago

i do no longer no that she hates white adult males, I do think of that she would be an activist decide and for this reason positioned her very own emotions above the form. and he or she will maximum actual help affirmative action which violates equivalent secure practices (yet this is yet another subject be counted). i do no longer care if the justice we %. is hispanic or a woman or black or a white guy. I actually have a challenge choosing somebody simply by fact they seem to be a hispanic lady. %. the wonderful man or woman for the activity, what ever colour intercourse or despite they're who cares.

• Sarah
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

She has 18 years of experience. Estrada did not, though I don't agree with the filabuster. Estrada's lack of any prior judicial experience at the local, state, or federal level. Democratic Senators also objected to the refusal by the Office of the Solicitor General to release samples of Estrada's writings while employed there

• 1 decade ago

This Estrada, no relation to Miguel, stated at that time that if all the memo's in this article were released it would collapse our Judicial System. In the follow up article at that time Hatch promised that he would release the memos if this Estrada would resign. He resigned and Hatch refused to release the memos. They are all corrupt. This article relates to your question and the corruption of Leahy.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,111286,00.html

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Miguel Estrada may have been a wise latino man, but not a wise latino woman.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

That bag is an embarassment, but it's indicative of where we're headed. Where are all the "wise latino women" in the collapsing latin countries all over earth?

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

You are a racist. Only a racist would suggest that liberals don't support minorities. Hey, is that a donut? Hey, it's cream filled with nuts on top of it ... lol. Lalalalalalalalala ... But Estrada was racist, and didn't represent hispanics, as liberals are determined that they exist.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Polls were "proof" for the first 6 months of this year.

Suddenly, they're "unreliable."

• 1 decade ago

He was the right race, but not the right gender.

• ?
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Or maybe it's because they nominated her because she was a good candidate for the job and her race had nothing to do with anything.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.