Why are skinny people not deemed as "real women"?

The media criticises designers for the models they use because they see it as them using these women as a representation of what a woman is and designers say they use these women because the attention is supposed to be on the clothes and they are just hangers (how lovely). So then the media portrays real women as a... show more The media criticises designers for the models they use because they see it as them using these women as a representation of what a woman is and designers say they use these women because the attention is supposed to be on the clothes and they are just hangers (how lovely). So then the media portrays real women as a size 12(UK). Why is this okay? Why should either be telling us what a real woman is? Isn't portraying a "real" woman as a size 12 (or any size) just to make others feel good discriminatory? Why should someone feel inadequate (either way) if they are naturally that size?

This article really annoyed me and prompted me to ask: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/articl...
Update: I'm sorry, why are skinny women** lol.