Is it stupid that my friend isnt allowed to wear a tampon?!!!?!?!?

so 2dayyyy i went to my friends house and she has a pool so we were gunna go swimming ........her father is really weird!!! She went to ask him if we could go swimming and he said no because she had her period ! then she said well i have a tampon on.....nd he argued with her and said she was not allowed to wear... show more so 2dayyyy i went to my friends house and she has a pool so we were gunna go swimming ........her father is really weird!!! She went to ask him if we could go swimming and he said no because she had her period ! then she said well i have a tampon on.....nd he argued with her and said she was not allowed to wear tampon!!!! then not to get off the discussion.....but yesterday she asked him if she could sleep over at my house and he said no because she had her period!!!! Is he weird or What?!?!?!? what should she do or say to her dad????!!?!?!?!?!? about sleeping overr at my house or going swimming ?!!??!?!thanks=]