Do Muslims really approve of what Islamist terrorists do?

I'm not a Muslim and I've always wondered about this.

Terrorism is such a big issue. These terrorists kill innocent men, women and children in the name of God and think they attain some heaven.

But do common Muslims in general support this? What is their religion's take on this? Does Islam tell it's followers to do this?

(And this is not meant to offend anyone)

Favorite Answer

I am a Muslim and can tell you beyond a doubt that these terrorists have no support of the general Muslim population. Most Muslims are moderates and don't agree with these heinous acts. Growing up, I never encountered such people at my places of worship. Islam does not allow for the killing of innocent people. I'm sure you have heard this before, but to have killed one is likened to have killed all of mankind is Islam. Terrorists/suicide bombers who reek havoc on the general public (as they are now in Iraq, Pakistan, and Afghanistan) and are carrying out their own agenda against the world are hopeless fanatics, being taught by other crazies with fanatical views. To put it bluntly, these people got more than a few screws loose up in the old noggin. Anyways, I'm sure others will chime in and it'll be nice to hear what they have to say.

Most of the Muslims I know are appalled by terrorist actions like USA 9/11 or the London 7/7 bombings.

BUT they can come up with any number of reasons why unguided rockets should be fired at Israeli civillians and why Israel is unjustified in counter-attacking.

Homicide bomber walks into an Israeli market full of women and children and blows himself and 10 others up? No problem for them. Just another day. The Israelis wouldn't have died if they hadn't been there since 1948...

They don't openly encourage acts of terrorism against Israel. But they are not bothered by them.

"Why don't they do anything to stop them?"

Are you kidding? Did you not see the protest. Your impression of Muslim world is what you see on American TV, how do you know that that people are not against them. Do you live in a Muslim town in the Middle East. What form is resistance is exceptable to you? Considering that there are political prisoners I believe they do object to it.

Plus you have to consider fear. If a family objects they have to worry about the entire family being a target. You however can judge while sitting in the American comfort of your home.

Consider this question and how most people answer B instead of A:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AkN3Z...

____

Consider an atheist family in that situation. If you protest first the men in your house including your young teenage soon will go missing, then the granddad, then the women. Sure they protest, but they must consider the survival of their family. The same thing happened in Germany during Nazism. If a family helped a Jew the entire family will be marked for death.

Grassroot resistance is not stupid go out like a "video game" resistant. There is no restart button to life.

I don't get some of these responses. Since 9/11 there has been regular coverage of Muslim communities speaking out against terrorism and the formation of interreligious groups to promote better understanding of one another.

In my area, a mosque just opened a food pantry to help the poor.

Have, say, white people who hate the activities of the KKK been able to stop all the KKK incidents? Have middle-and-upper class black people been able to stop the murders in black ghettoes? Have mainstream Mormons been able to stop the FLDS nuthatches from raping young girls?

I know that there were Palestinian Muslims celebrating the attacks in Paterson, NJ, that night, and I also know that they were confronted by other Muslims for doing so.

Look, killing people is not the way. As a Muslim I do not approve killing people. Well, I'd say the terrorist use religion as excuse for hatred.

You know, many Muslims are good people but unfortunately in TV and other sources you can see extreme things.

What's said in Qur'an? - Usually there's written about exact fight (for example fight at Badr). I believe that what you hear in tv confuses you but the point of all is -in Islam are good and bad people like in any other religion/nation in this world.

ABSOLUTELY NOT In fact most Muslims are very angry that those terrorist have tarnished their name and especially did their sinful acts in the name of Allah when Allah disapproves of killing someone. Just watch some of those CNN specials about it. No Islam does not tell their followerss to commit murder when that is a sin and when they teach Peace. Before 9/11 you never really heard any bad things about Muslims. Just like before the Holocaust you never really heard bad things about the Germans, yet people forgave the Germans (even though they killed way more people) and they are allies with America but people refuse to forgive the Muslims.

I feel I can confidently say most Muslims do not approve of the terrorists' actions.

Mainstream religion does not condone such behavior whether they are Muslim, Jew, Christian, Hindu, etc. However, there are a few nuts out there who will warp and twist what their faith preaches in order to suit their agenda.

(Not a Muslim) I think most muslims aren't a fan of the terrorists, and they equate the part that tells them about killing infidels with the Bible's OT. Also, alot of muslims are speaking out against radicals.

Source(s): I have a friend that is a Muslim.
  • sanna

you will desire to examine a history of the renowned center East. you will learn regarding the West's rape of the middle East throughout the previous due 1800's / Early 1900's. The partition of the Ottoman Empire, the overthrow of Mossadegh and the installation of the Shah, and the subsequent revolution that made Iran into the gov. it has immediately, and the hiring of Saddam Hussein to assassinate his us of a's top minister, between different issues. to no longer look after terrorists, yet in the previous you basically start up calling all of "those human beings" terrorists, you attempt to verify greater approximately their history and how we got here as much as now.

I don't think you would offend someone that is a true Islam. Here is the definition of Islam:

In the language of the Holy Qur'an, Islam means the readiness of a person to take orders from God and to follow them. "Muslim" is a word taken from the word Islam. It applies to the person who is ready to take orders from God and follow them.

When anyone kills "in the name of God" they are the heretics of this world. It happened during the Spanish Inquisition, and during the Crusades. Men have killed in the name of God many times, but they are not true followers of God in doing so.