Reporting fishy stuff to the White house?

Is anyone else alarmed by the fact that our president is asking Americans to spy and tell on other Americans?

I figure if they want to do this, I will commit to sending them 30 emails a day until they decide to stop this kind of stuff.

My last email said "I think my neighbor is hiding poop in his pant to derail the health care reform"

If everyone who thinks it is alarming that they even proposed this would send 30 emails a day like this it would either keep them very busy dealing with crap or cause them to abandon these tactics.

Yeah I know childish but how mature is it to ask people to tell on each other because you might not get your way.

• Favorite Answer

I think Senatro Cornyn (R, TX) said it best:

“I can only imagine the level of justifiable outrage had your predecessor asked Americans to forward emails critical of his policies to the White House. I suspect that you would have been leading the charge in condemning such a program -- and I would have been at your side denouncing such heavy-handed government action.”

“I am not aware of any precedent for a President asking American citizens to report their fellow citizens to the White House for pure political speech that is deemed ‘fishy’ or otherwise inimical to the White House’s political interests,” Cornyn writes

EDIT: Or perhaps i'll send them Title 26 the IRS code. Saying its subversive. That should fill up their inbox.

In a word, NO!

Seriously, to calm down and back up, let's remember the preceding admin. Bugging citizens, taking cash out the back door, turning a blind eye to hedge funds, credit derivatives, subprime mortgages, etc. Get real.

The White House *must* keep records of every correspondence it receives. There's no chicanery. All they're trying to do is stay on top of the waves of hate and disinformation.

What would you prefer? a White House Facebook?

Clearly, they're making mistakes, and that's what you get when elect an outsider instead of the same ol' same ol'. But to ascribe Nazi-esque tendencies is just reactionary.

Source(s): all major news sites

No where on the site does it ask for the name or e-mail address of the person sending bogus information about the health care bill. It simply asks for the bogus information.

How exactly si that spying?

time to junk up their inbox ;)