Cannot Delete Corrupt Or Unreadable File? Help!?

Cannot Delete Corrupt Or Unreadable File? Help! Ok, to start, yesterday night, the computer was fine, this morning, the computer was fine. I was downloading 4 or 5 mp3's with firefox to the C: Drive, and all of a sudden FF crashed. Not very uncommon =/ but, afterwards I tried to... show more Cannot Delete Corrupt Or Unreadable File? Help!

Ok, to start, yesterday night, the computer was fine, this morning, the computer was fine. I was downloading 4 or 5 mp3's with firefox to the C: Drive, and all of a sudden FF crashed. Not very uncommon =/ but, afterwards I tried to delete the non-complete downloads, and I recieved an error message saying: Cannot delete "filename": the file or directory is corrupt or unreadable.

I've NEVER recieved that message before, and curiousity got the best of me, so I tried to delete some other files on C: drive, and none of them will delete. Everything from my documents, my music, my videos, my pictures, program files, favorites, NOTHING on C: drive will delete, it all comes up with the same message.

So, I tried to run chkdsk through cmd to see if it would uncover any errors, it verified all the files, but gets stuck on the index stage.

I don't know what to do, this could end up being a large problem, as now I cannot delete temporary internet files, which means my C: drive will end up full, and I will be unable to delete files.

Oh, update: I can cut and paste files into a different drive ( I have one hard-drive partitioned into 5 separate drives: C:, D:, E:, F:, and G: )and then delete them that way, but that's a huge hassle.

What could the problem be?
Did I somehow manage to fsck my entire C: drive?

More info: I've ran AVG Pro, it came up with no threats, same with spyware.
I have a registered Auslogics Boostspeed, and I'm running

Registry Cleaner right now.
Cleaner went, recieved 345 Reg errors,
fixed them all, and the problem still remains.

Just ran the Auslogics diskcleaner.
came back with 18k junk files, deleted them all (how it did this, idk)
I got an error message on the bottom right of the screen saying: "The file or directory C:\RECYCLER\S-1-5-21-1547161642-16825264... is corrurp and unreadable. Please run the Chkdsk utility.

Ok, so I'm running Chkdsk again.
So far it's stuck at 0% on the 2nd phase again.
OH wait, it's going finally.
It ran, finally.

C:\Documents and Settings\Matthew>chkdsk C:
The type of the file system is NTFS.

WARNING! F parameter not specified.
Running CHKDSK in read-only mode.

CHKDSK is verifying files (stage 1 of 3)...
File verification completed.
CHKDSK is verifying indexes (stage 2 of 3)...
Correcting error in index $I30 for file 31412.
Correcting error in index $I30 for file 31412.
Deleting index entry sessionstore.js in index $I30 of file 58361.
Deleting index entry SESSIO~1.JS in index $I30 of file 58361.
Index verification completed.

Errors found. CHKDSK cannot continue in read-only mode.

What should I do now?
Problem is still there.
Any help is greatly appreciated, I tried to give as much info as I possibly could on the problem, thanks ahead of time!
Update: =========**** UPDATE ****========== I restarted the computer to try and run dskchck on safe-mode, when i restarted I got a blue screen telling me that it needed to check the disks or something, I let it run, and now everything works fine! Without any of your help! HAH! =) jk jk. Feel free to give me any... show more =========**** UPDATE ****==========
I restarted the computer to try and run dskchck on safe-mode, when i restarted I got a blue screen telling me that it needed to check the disks or something, I let it run, and now everything works fine!

Without any of your help!
HAH! =)

jk jk. Feel free to give me any other ideas on how to fix this if the problem presents itself again!
1 answer 1