What was your worst crash (or only crash)?

What happened and how bad was it? I recently had a German Shepherd Run out of the tall grass beside the southbound lanes (4:00 AM and still dark) and stop right in front of me. I had the brakes but can't recall if I even had time to apply them. I slid down the road from about 55 mph to a stop with the bike... show more What happened and how bad was it?

I recently had a German Shepherd Run out of the tall grass beside the southbound lanes (4:00 AM and still dark) and stop right in front of me. I had the brakes but can't recall if I even had time to apply them. I slid down the road from about 55 mph to a stop with the bike sliding behind me. The results were road rash/burns to my left shoulder, chipped bone in my left elbow and 10 stitches there, burns and rash to my left knee in four places, a torn ligament in my left ankle, and 2700.00 damage to my bike. I spent 6 hours in the emergency room for cat scans and x-rays. I also missed 8 days from work. I am about 96% right now but still have swelling in the ankle and a limp. All could have been avoided by the dog's owner obeying the laws and keeping the dog in a pen or on a leash.
Update: Forgot to mention, I did hit and kill the dog. I am also going to be doing a little investigation of my own as to who may be the owner. I saw a couple more dogs playing in the road about two weeks afterwards so a good bet is a person close by owned it. I do intend to sue if I locate the owner. I am a private... show more Forgot to mention, I did hit and kill the dog. I am also going to be doing a little investigation of my own as to who may be the owner. I saw a couple more dogs playing in the road about two weeks afterwards so a good bet is a person close by owned it. I do intend to sue if I locate the owner. I am a private investigator and do accident investigations and skip tracing. I have lived here for almost 40 years so I know almost everyone except the rental residents (which is where the dog came from),

BTW.............good luck in the upcoming races.