Skiing in the Pyrenees - cheap travel tips!?

I've found the perfect accommodation in the Pryenees for skiing in Feb 2010. However, finding a cheap way to get there is proving a nightmare!!

I'm happy to drive but it's the southern tip of France and would cut at least 2 days off the holiday!

I live in Yorkshire, and the nearest airports to the resort (Cauterets) are Lourdes/Pau and Toulouse. A couple of companies (e.g. Ryanair etc) do cheap flights but they're from London, my local airports don't fly to Toulouse til the Summer season and the damn European Motorail doesn't operate during winter either!!

I'm happy to drive, fly or train it down there - is there anyone that can advise on the cheapest method? Even if it's recommendations to pick up dirt cheap train tickets to London and fly from there...

Thanks for helping!

Favorite Answer

My advice would be to take a cheap bus to london. Try Megabus, might only cost you a couple of quid. Then fly to Toulouse. You'll then have to find a way of getting into the Pryenees from Toulouse. Can I recommend though that unless you have your heart set on a particular resort, you'll actually save money going on a package deal. There's an article for finding cheap holidays here:

http://www.candidabouttravel.com/featured/cheap-sk...

It tells you which websites to use and little tricks for getting good savings. The author managed to get flights, hotel, and resort transfers for a weeks skiing in Austria for £150. Check it out

there are quite a few sites that you can search that will likely give you the best prices available. check out the website BookMe and you will be able to compare prices on all the reputable travel sites in just a couple minutes. it's very convenient and will save you a bunch of time and money. Also, make sure you buy them online... otherwise they charge much higher fees for phone orders. good luck.

Source(s): www,BookMe,com
  • lilyan

do no longer WAST YOUR money IN AIRPORT >> the products IN AIRPORT ARE VERY high priced . IF U hire A vacationer instruction manual : U HAVE seem solid THAT HE DOES'NT TAKE TO plenty MONEYFROM U !! desire THIS HELPED U