Using component DVD player or receiver with HDMI monitor/TV?

I have a DVD player and a Denon receiver. Both have component, composit, and S-video outputs and inputs. They are both a few years old, and have no HDMI inputs/outputs. I'm about to buy a HiDef TV with HDMI inputs/outputs. In preparation for delivery of the TV, I'm installing a wall mount, and will hide... show more I have a DVD player and a Denon receiver. Both have component, composit, and S-video outputs and inputs. They are both a few years old, and have no HDMI inputs/outputs.
I'm about to buy a HiDef TV with HDMI inputs/outputs. In preparation for delivery of the TV, I'm installing a wall mount, and will hide the wires in the wall – in advance of the TV delivery. I'm hoping to run only HDMI wires in my walls, and connect them to my DVD player & receiver via an adapter (such as this one: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw_3_10?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=component+to+hdmi&x=0&y=0&sprefix=component+).

Does anyone know if use of an adapter will allow me to connect a component cord FROM my DVD player to send a signal (play a movie) TO my TV through the HDMI cable connected to my to-be-purchased TV?