Pokemon strengths in evolution?

Okay, heres what I'm wondering: I have a Magmar that I'm going to evolve into a Magmortar. However, The Magmar is level 30 and can be evolved into Magmortar at anytime, even a lower level.

I do not have a second DS to trade with right now to evolve it. I'm wondering about the STATS. Will they increase accordingly or will starting off as a Magmortar actually end up being stronger in the end?

I know it must evolve before level 67 to learn Hyper Beam, but this is about stats not skills. (Magmortar can learn everything Magmar can anyways)

Why did I think Magmortar might end up stronger? I thought it might gain more stats per level up. That was really my question. Do pre evolved forms gain less stats than their evolved forms?

Favorite Answer

Let's compare, shall we?

Magmar's base stats are the following:

65 HP

95 Atk

57 Def

100 Sp. Atk

85 Sp. Def

93 Spe

Magmortar's base stats are the following:

75 HP

95 Atk

67 Def

125 Sp. Atk

95 Sp. Def

83 Spe

Magmortar has more defenses and Sp. Attack than Magmar, although Magmar is a little faster. Honestly, it does not matter-at all-if you start as a Magmar or a Magmortar because in the end they are going to end up with the same stats. How you came up with the idea that there would be a difference I have no idea. Just remember, it doesn't matter when you evolve it, it's going to be just as strong if you evolve it at level 1 or at level 100.

EDIT: OMG YOU KNOW INUYASHA?!?!?! YOU OFFICIALLY ROCK!!!! Do you read or watch? You should read, the anime stops at episoe 167 or something, but the manga continues. It finished last summer, it was AMAZING! The final battle is TOTALLY worth all of the hours spent catching up from where the anime left off!

it wont end up any stronger, its better to start off as magamr tho, as there are some moves magamr can learn that magmortar can

Source(s): serebii.net