Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 decade ago

Falling in love with a foreign exchange student?!?

I was an exchange student for a year in Germany, and I found me a nice lad over there and I recently got back home to America. I'm hoping it will work out, but I have a doubts that this can go on indefinitely (or at least until we're done with college...)

Have you ever had a relationship with someone who lives in another country? Or know someone who does/did? Was it happily ever after, or did the long distance kill it? I'd just like to hear other peoples' stories and experiences.

Best Answer

Being in a long distance relationship is not easy. However, I'd still give it a try. In my own experience I can say it is all worth it.

I married my long distance bf...we also met when he was a foreign student and we had a 5 year relationship before we got married 2 years ago =)

Yes it is true, you both will spend money on trips to visit each other and will spend a lot of time in front of a webcam, on the phone, text messaging, emails, skype...but at the end for me, it was all worth it =)

The key is to communicate a lot and to trust each other...

Everytime you get to see him in person is like falling in love all over again and even stronger than before =)

Another plus is that you don't have to meet every single time in your or his country, you can pick any other country and get to have some fun holidays with him =)

• vale.love3 years agoReport

Please email me on francy.love44@yahoo.com... I gotta ask you something about your relationship

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Have you ever had a relationship...

Source(s): falling love foreign exchange student: https://tr.im/DQrEL

You have a huge crush on this guy but you are NOT in love with him First sentence: I fell in love with... Third sentence: I really like him... Big darn difference. Having 25 dreams nonstop is not love. What you do is say goodbye politely and tell him if he's ever in the U.S. again he should call you and come see you. I imagine he's quite excited about getting home to his family and siblings that he probably has missed greatly. Then you go take a cold shower and have a cry fest and get over it.

• Sojo

Enjoy it, but don't count on it lasting.

Long distance is hard in ther same country, let along an International relationship.

It can cost money to talk, travel and even send letters.

So, let it play out if the feeling is good.

Any chance you'll be going to the same school?

Source(s): "long distance love affairs sites: ... with a bit of hard work, patience and commitment, it's possible to keep a long-distance romance alive. ... Affairs. Long-distance love. Long-distance love ...www.yourlovelife.co.uk/long-distance_love_10_love_tarot_1.html - Cached longdistance_love : Long Distance Love Affairs longdistance_love · Long Distance Love Affairs. Home. Messages. Members Only ... From: Lover Girl Ekta Choudhary at Fitting Session with Ritu Kumar CLICK HERE ...asia.groups.yahoo.com/group/longdistance_love - Cached Jezebel - The Loneliness Of The Long-Distance Lover - Matthew Parker This week's "Modern Love" column in the Times made us cry. Oh, and so did "Vows. ... Top 10 Ways Male Politicians Confess To Extramarital Affairs. Trashy reads ...jezebel.com/5139367/the-loneliness-of-the-long+distance-lover Kit

well, this boy from Austria as a foreign exchange student at the high school near me, but his host parent was my dad's friend. We hung out a lot, he was my age, just had to be moved in o High School over here because he was so smart! I wanted to be with him so bad, and he said he wanted to be with me too, but he would miss me way to much when he was gone and he didn't want that. But I got really attached to him and now he's gone. Your older than me, so you will probably last longer than me, but I lost a great friend, charming and really really cute boy, and someone who helped me with my German. (I'm Austrian, too!) I liked him a lot, and if we we're together I'd probably love him.

I say go for it, but your going to miss him terribly when you can't see him anymore.

:) answer mine ?

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=200908...

• Iris

I know someone who did and it didn't last due to insecurity but i also had another friend who went away for 8months to somewhere and came backa nd her boyfriend is still with her. my point is if both of you both work hard to keep the relationship working, it will work out.

Can you please help me with my question

http://ca.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=200...

well I've had absolutely no experience in this field but i always hear that with a lot of distance it makes the reunion sweeter

It wont work i promise you that. stop wasting time on a guy u have no future with and find one near u. that u can acutasly have physical contact with everyday, not somebody u txt 2 and dont see.

Trust me i wasted time on a long distance relationship and when its really ovr ur gunna say "**** i wasted all that time when i cood have found sumone good " :[

Source(s): own experiance

idk