? asked in TravelOther - Destinations · 1 decade ago

Anybody ever been to Bangladesh?

I kind of want to go to Bangladesh.

Sounds interesting.

I see where you're coming from.

But I'm a really adventurous person when it comes to travelling so the poverty thing doesn't bother me.

I think I would have fun in a place as strange and foreign as Bangladesh.

• Hafiz
    Favorite Answer

Hi I'm from Bangladesh and I welcome you amongst us!

The other respondent who visited Bangladesh and wishes never to visit again may have his personal valid reason to say so, and I do not blame him for this impression that he got from Bangladesh.

However, we are 150 million people living in 55,000 square miles area and that causes lots of inconveniences.

The first one that would greet you on arrival at Zia Int'l Airport is the hot and humid weather.

The second thing would be the beggars at almost all the traffic signals and places where they can expect some sympathy.

The third one is the lack of regular supply of Electricity, forcing you to spend times in darkness if you are visiting places where back-up power supply system or generators are not installed. Considering you would stay in a 3-star hotel and such privately owned Guest Houses in Dhaka and Chittagong you would get back-up electricity, without the luxury of the air-coolers running with such makeshift supply.

The fourth inconveniences would be to face the unbearable delays in journeys within major cities due to traffic congestions. Dhaka has reached the saturation points for vehicles vs. available roads where they can ply. So, if you are in a hurry then you better consider walking during peak-hours (office times from 9am to 5pm).

The fifth thing that Dhaka is suffering from is the dirty and congested old-town areas where you may find buildings some hundreds years old and the lanes are so narrow that two cars can hardly pass. The fly and mosquitoes in the day and night time are a nuisance, though at this time of the year we are spared of these insects, for reasons not very clearly known to me.

Having narrated all the inconveniences, as above, I wish to add that you would like the many rivers and unexplored portions of Cox's Bazaar sea-beach and also the beauty of Chittagong and Sylhet tea gardens and hilly areas.

People here are not very educated to understand that one must not poke nose into others' affairs and also lacks some basic manners which are hardly taught in schools or practiced among the leaderships. You would be invited for tea or snacks in peoples' houses where you have hardly met them for the first time and may not have got time to keep such requests. This overtly curious nation of ours sometimes embarrass 'foreigners' (read Westerners) to the extent of annoyance.

You would feel sad and pity for people who drives 3-wheelers (Rickshaws) manually and would carry you places within city limits for a nominal fee, if you compare the wages that guy would have earned in your country. It struck me so hard when I came in Bangladesh back in 1973 from Pakistan on repatriation that I felt being a rude person to ask an elderly man to pull the Rickshaw where I was sitting comfortably.

IN a nutshell, Bangladesh is worth the trouble to visit since this unique experience is almost unparalleled and hopefully you would remember these for many years to come.

Have a nice and safe stay here.

Actually,depends on which perspective you are seeking.

if you are looking for 'Dubai' ,then forget it .Edgard is right.

But if you are looking for something different,a new experience,something to write about.

This is the place Iam from Bangladesh,living for last 21 years.!

I grew up in MEast,which is kind way different.Now Iam a local but had a chance to view at it using a

foreigner's 'sun glasses' to a certain extent,but then Iam a bengali.i own a house.

Makes a difference.

Well...I welcome for your decision. The other respondent who visited Bangladesh and wishes never to visit again may have his personal valid reason to say so, and I do not blame him for this impression that he got from Bangladesh.

The third one is the lack of regular supply of Electricity, forcing you to spend times in darkness if you are visiting places where back-up power supply system or generators are not installed. Considering you would stay in a 3-star hotel and such privately owned Guest Houses in Dhaka and Chittagong you would get back-up electricity, without the luxury of the air-coolers running with such makeshift supply. Wish you best of luck...thanks

I live in Bangladesh and I would recommend you to visit bangladesh

You can visit here to see the history and culture of the Bangladesh because they have glorious culture.

Bangladesh is a nice country.

there are many things to do if you enjoy.

http://www.bubblews.com/news/4993033-coxs-bazar-ba...

I do not recommend you to go to Bangladesh.Nothing to do and very poor country.

Source(s): I visited Bangladesh years ago and NEVER MORE I wish to return some day.