for the phillies fans...and anyone else?

after happ's performance tonight do you think that happ should stay in the rotation and moyer be placed on waivers or sent to the pen? i understand jamie has the most wins on the team and seems like a really likable guy but his era is terrible and i cringe every time i watch him pitch. which rotation gives the phillies the best lineup and do you think martinez will be in the mix?

• Jim M
    Favorite Answer

I believe the Phils front office would be nuts to send Happ to the pen in favor of keeping Moyer in the rotation and bringing Pedro Martinez up as a starter. Don't get me wrong I love Moyer and respect what he has done for the Phillies since they acquired him a few years ago, but like you his ERA is way too high for me to have any confidence in him going down the stretch. The problem is, I don't think Moyer will be effective out of the pen. And I think the organization is to classy to just dump Moyer like that. Who knows maybe the will fake an injury and put him on the 15 day d.l. or something. I mean we still have to see if Martinez is going to be effective. Without seeing Martinez pitch I still believe the best rotation would be Hamels, Lee, Blanton, Happ, and Martinez. But who knows, I guess we are just going to have to sit back and hope this thing plays itself out.

Happ was never going to go into the Bullpen. I think Jamie Moyer is going to go to the Bullpen honestly and if Pedro dose not pitch well Moyer will take his spot. How can you put Happ in the Pen when he has been your most consistant pitcher all year? Pedro outing was very soild

6IP 11K 3ER 1BB

I mean you cant expect much more that so it will be interesting to see what they do. Im excited to see Pedro start for the Phillies

Source(s): Phillies Fan
  • w

i don't see Moyer in pitching out of the pen... since u said waivers, i just have a freakin pheeling something will happen. i just watched Happ pitch tonight, helluva performance right there. Martinez will get some starts no doubt, but the one who struggles at the moment will be move, and Moyer is the odd man out. Pedro got a good outing tonight, so it's what's going to happen to Moyer now Ruben Amaro?

i do no longer think of that the Phillies have hazard. Too many errors and clearly im rooting for the Dodgers. and BTW the worldwide sequence are gonna be a constrained-get right of entry to highway sequence Dodgers vs. Angels Dodger Champs The Phillies have flow in the path of the Dodgers first in the event that they're anticipating to get yet another worldwide sequence yet it extremely is not gonna ensue. a experience between the Phillies and the Yankees of path the Yankees r gonna win they're going to sweep then extremely basic

Yes he should and Moyer needs to go, Happ proved himself tonight well done, Phil's

The Phillies won't eat up a 7 Mill contract for next season. They were fools into giving a 2 year deal to a 46 year old

I'd start Pedro out in the bullpen and see how he does.