Need some ideas for a step-father/daughter dance at my wedding reception?

Me and my step-father are close but we are NOT the lovey dovey type. Actually my whole family is NOT that way. I need some ideas of songs we can dance to at the reception. Nothing mushy, romantic, or lovey dovey. They can be slow songs, fast songs whatever, and any kind of style. Please dont write butterfly kisses, daddys little girl, have I told you lately that I loved you, or because you loved me. Although they are beautiful, they are not our style. I originally thought about sweet child of mine, but the last wedding i went to had that song. Any ideas would be really appreciated!! Thanks Alot!!

• Yve
    Best Answer

"She's in Love wth the Boy" if you like country.

"Love and Marriage" by Frank Sinatra is nice.

I've really become fond of "Book of Love" by Peter Gabriel.

"Don't Worry Be Happy" by Bobby McFerrin might be a nice song for a young couple.

"Imagine" by John Lennon is a great song about what could be.

For something unusual but pertinent to weddings, "Right Here, Right Now" by Jesus Jones.

"You Never Can Tell" by Chuck Berry is another favorite of mine.

"Changes" by David Bowie to show that you have changed.

"Crazy Little Thing Called Love" by Queen is great!

How about Metallica's "Nothing Else Matters"?

Finally, have you considered "Perfect Day" by Duran Duran?

My fave for step-fathers is He Didn't Have to Be by Brad Paisley, and I don't even really like country. If you hate country or that is too lovey dovey for you, you could try How Sweet it Is, The Way You Look Tonight, Just the Two of Us. Really any song will work, as long as it isn't sexual in nature.

Well you could go from a slow song and break out into a fast song. I dont really know any ideas, but It's not really something a lot of people do.

what's wrong with sweet child of mine????

what is your style?