Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetProgramming & Design · 1 decade ago

I want to build a computer am i forgetting any parts?

Case- COOLER MASTER Centurion 5 CAC-T05-UW Black Aluminum Bezel , SECC Chassis ATX Mid Tower Computer Case 50.00

Processor- Intel Core i7 920 Nehalem 2.66GHz 4 x 256KB L2 Cache 8MB L3 Cache LGA 1366 130W Quad-Core Processor 280.00

RAM- OCZ Gold 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Low Voltage Desktop Memory Model OCZ3G1600LV6GK 100.00

Hard Drive- Western Digital Caviar Black WD1001FALS 1TB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drives 95.00

Motherboard- EVGA 121-BL-E756-TR LGA 1366 Intel X58 Micro ATX SLI Micro Intel Motherboard 210.00

Keyboard & Mouse- Logitech EasyCall Black 104 Normal Keys USB Wireless Standard Desktop Keyboard, Mouse, Speakerphone & Stereo Headset Kit 65.00

speakers- Logitech X-540 70 watts 5.1 Speakers 80.00

Operating technology- Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Full 199.99

DVD ROM- Pioneer Black 8X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 6X DVD+R DL 8X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 5X DVD-RAM 8X DVD-ROM 24X CD-R 24X CD-RW 24X CD-ROM 2MB Cache SATA Slim Slot Loading CD/DVD Burner 57.00

graphics card- EVGA 896-P3-1170-AR GeForce GTX 275 896MB 448-bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card 240.00

sound card- HT | OMEGA STRIKER 7.1 Channels 24-bit 96KHz PCI Interface Sound Card 90.00

fan- COOLER MASTER RR-CCH-L9U1-GP 92mm Hyper TX2 CPU Cooler 20.00

power supply- CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply 120.00

TOTAL- $1606.00

I Don't know where to find computer cables so if you could tell me which ones i need i will best answer you

• Shaun
    Best Answer

Here are some things I buy in bulk because I always add them to new builds.

Quiet fans with 3-pin connectors (to plug them right in the motherboard and not have to worry about bulky molex cables that case fans usually come with.

A metal fan filter for the front intake fan. (Make sure you add a front intake fan, the cases seem to never come with one.)

internal USB card reader.. make sure it supports USB 2.0 and also SDHC cards. Those are popping up everywhere and many readers don't recognize them.

Floppy drive (at the least have one lying around so you can flash the BIOS on the board and install the mass storage drivers when installing windows)

Thumb Screws (sooo nice to use these on the case instead of regular screws)

hardware fan controller. I have a bunch of these. 5.25" external, small ones that fit into the slots on the back of the case. It sure is nice to quiet down the computer but keep the air flow going!

Thermal compound as well as the material to remove existing stock thermal tape and to clean the CPU and/or heatsink.

PS/ why are you using a microATX board in a mid-tower case. Boards are tight enough as it is, don't size it down unless you need to put it into a smaller case. Why suffer?

Don't get a slot-loading optical drive. It has it's uses for small form factors but silly in a mid-tower case. They are much more prone to failure and cost more.

Also, I recommend a small & fast HDD for the boot drive. It's nice to keep all program/OS files separate from your files.

I hope I helped. Building computers is fun!!

Note: I've got that same case from a 2005 build (and a spare one I picked up on a good sale a few years ago that I'm yet to use. I really have it packed full with 2 optical drives and 7 hard drives, and a floppy/card reader combo. Also 2 double-slot video cards. That thing is FULLLLLL and SOOO heavy with all that stuff in there.. it's crazy!!

I'm surprised to see that they're still selling the identical model. My main gripe is you can't take off the front cover without slightly pulling out both optical drives. And even then it comes off and goes back on REALLY tight.

You could reduce the specs to have a slightly slower PC this would bring the cost down but it would go out of date faster too.

Your case normally comes with all the cables you will ever need inside.