E W asked in Business & FinanceInvesting · 1 decade ago

Combine two online trading accounts without selling off stocks?

I want to cancel my Sharebuilder and transfer all existing stocks to my E*TRADE, how do I do it?

Favorite Answer

It's easy

Go to ETrade, tell them you want to ACATS your account at Sharebuilder to E*Trade. (ACATS means Account Automated Transfer System)

They will provide you with the ACATS form, in completing the form you will need your accounts numbers at both E*Trade & Sharebuilders.

The account will move within the ACATS system in approx 6 business days after properly completing and submitting the form

Securities and monies move between firms every business day of the week

Good luck, go for it

Source(s): Industry experience

Very easy, I did the same thing but transferred from Sharebuilder to Scottrade. Go down to E-Trade and open and account. They will give you a form to fill out that allows them to request a transfer of your stocks without liquefy them. I did have trouble with Sharebuilder, however, and eventually had to send them authorization plus a copy of my drivers license. They will only transfer whole shares, so if you have a dividend reinvestment plan set up with Sharebuilder and own any partial shares they will liquidate those.

What country are you in? In Australia you can make an off market transfer to move stocks from one broker to another by filling out a form. Contact E*Trade and tell them you want to move your shares and they should tell you what form to fill out. Hope that helps.