ac to dc power inverter?

i used to have a power inverter to convert 110v ac to 12v dc. i used it power a car sub in my room. does anyone know where i can get a new one?

4 Answers

  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    if you are going AC TO DC it is not an inverter. an inverter turns 12vdc to 120ac. you need a converter or a power supply to do this for you. you can try radioshack or just google it online. you are going to need a hell of a power supply to meet your needs

  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

    When it changes from ac to dc I think it might be called a converter but i'm not positive.

  • 1 decade ago

    Radio Shack. jb

  • 1 decade ago

    Its call converter. normally, electrical shop have it. make sure you get enough power rating to run your amp.

    Source(s): own experiences
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.