Lv 5
. asked in Education & ReferenceHomework Help · 1 decade ago

spanish test vocab help ?

i need to know the english vocab of these words and not to mention gramar and linguistics of spanish but if you could help me out with some of the english equivalents of these words - im in spanish 2 and i know i could do it but i have to do another test..

parts of an airplane

members of a flight crew

airport terms

geographical terms

Medical emergencies

body parts

vocabulary of accidents and emergencies

hospital terms

City and country life

vocabulary of the city

vocabulary of public transportation—buses and subways

vocabulary of the country—crops, animals, farm workers, farming terms

Kitchens and cooking

vocabulary of the kitchen and cooking utensils

names of common foods and kitchen items, such as salt and sugar

vocabulary of cooking activities—clean, cut, peel, slice, grate, etc.

Cars and highways

vocabulary of a car

types of cars

simple car maintenance

vocabulary of the highway—signs, toll roads, lanes, etc.

Public service occupations

barbershops and beauty shops

laundries and dry cleaners

post office

banks

Parties and celebrations

weddings

birthdays

holidays—Christmas, New Year’s, Día de los reyes, Hanuka

Occupations and trades

office work

store employees

government employees

courts

blue collar jobs

thanks..

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

parts of an airplane - wings, engine, cockpit, fuselage (body), rudder, elevatior, stabilizers, flaps, spoiler, emergency exits

members of a flight crew - PILOTS- captain, first officer, second officer, CABIN CREW- chief purser, senior purser, flight attendants

airport terms- international flights, local flights, arrivals, departures, gates, customs, baggage reclaim, first class lounge, waiting rooms, tickets, information

geographical terms-arctic, equator, latitude, longitude, altitude, distance from the sea, antarctic, tropics, desert, glacier, volcanoes, techtonic plates, continental drift, oceans, rivers, lakes, water cycle, earthquakes, settlements, population, tourism

Medical emergencies-surgery, heart attacks, strokes, car crashes,

body parts-head, face, eyes, nose, mouth, ears,, chin, neck, stomach, chest, arms, hands, elbows, shoulders, back, bottom, legs, thighs, calves, feet, ankles, toes, fingers, knees

vocabulary of accidents and emergencies-(a bit similar to medical emergencies) but also-fires, burns, burglaries, hostages,

hospital terms-nurses, doctors, surgery, illness, disease, medicine, treatment, health, emergency,

City and country life-town, apartments, houses, manor houses, farmhouses, nightlife, transportation, restaurants, schools, facilities, police station, hospital, shopping

vocabulary of the city - see aboce

vocabulary of public transportation—buses and subways - taxis, cars, buses, trains, underground subway, trams, ferries, boats, cruises,

vocabulary of the country—crops, animals, farm workers, farming terms-horses, pigs, sheep, cattle, fertilisation, pollination, wheat, barley, rye, barns, tractors

Kitchens and cooking - oven, fridge, spoon, fork, knife, pots, pans, cupboards, recipes, utensils, baking, frying, breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, meals

vocabulary of the kitchen and cooking utensils see above

names of common foods and kitchen items, such as salt and sugar, pepper, spices, herbs, meats-chicken, pork, beef, vegetables, fruits, breads, pasta, sweets, chocolates

vocabulary of cooking activities—clean, cut, peel, slice, grate, etc. - mix, squeeze, chop, dice, boil, fry, grill, blend, knead,

Cars and highways-roads, expressways, minis, vans, trucks, lorries, convertibles,

vocabulary of a car-steering wheel, wheels, tires, doors, exhaust pipe, windows, axles, headlights, side mirrors

types of cars-ferrari, mercedes, toyota, jaguars, volvos

simple car maintenance-paint job, wheel replacements, adding petrol, adding air to the wheels, cleaning the interior, cleaning the exterior

vocabulary of the highway—signs, toll roads, lanes, etc.

Public service occupations-police officer, government, fire fighter, ambulance driver, security guards, soldiers

barbershops and beauty shops-hairsalons, hair stylists, make up counters, shampoo, conditioner, hairdryers, dyeing hair, hair cut, trim, skin care

laundries and dry cleaners - washing machines, washing powder, tumble driers

post office- post box, post man, parcels, letters, envelopes, mail, stamps

banks - money, bankers, cash deposits, cash widrawals, donations, millions, billions, thousands

Parties and celebrations - birthdays, weddings, anniversaries, graduation celebrations, birthday showers, hen nights, bachelor parties, fancy dress parties, discos, balloons, snacks, dancing, games

weddings

birthdays

holidays—Christmas, New Year’s, Día de los reyes, Hanuka - halloween, valentines day, boxing day, mardi gras, hannukah, easter, independence day, guy fawkes night, diwali

Occupations and trades - jobs, working, stock market

office work - computers, faxing, paperwork, stationery, boss, colleagues

store employees - marketing, selling, persuading, helpfulness

government employees - not sure, sorry

courts - lawyers, solicitors, judges, guilty, not guilty, prison, crimes, criminal

blue collar jobs not sure about what this is!

Source(s): myself and a little helo from google! :) hope this helps
  • Marie
    Lv 4
    5 years ago

I always make flashcards. I put the verb on one side then I have to remember all of the conjugatives before I go to bed everynight. Make sure you put the answers on the back so you can check them when you're done. You'll be suprised how fast you can learn and remember them all. Also after you get them all right without checking the back for say 10 days in a row, treat yourself. Go to a movie or eat some ice cream as a reward to keep you motivated. Good luck :)

• 4 years ago

Source(s): Invest in Forex Tips http://teres.info/TheTradingCode/?x0Cb
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.