Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Consumer ElectronicsLand Phones · 1 decade ago

Can I forward calls from my home phone to my cell phone?

How would I do that? Thanks for your help!

11 Answers

Relevance
  • n7ybn
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

All you need is Variable Call Forward to do that. Then dial *72 and your cell number. The instructions should be in your telephone directory. There are instructions for if your call is answered when you activate this feature and if it isn't. To disable this feature when you no longer want the calls to forward, dial *73.

Here are instructions from Qwest: http://www.qwest.com/wholesale/clecs/features/call...

n

Source(s): Worked fro local telephone company for over eight years.
  • 1 decade ago

First, you have to have a variable call forwarding feature on your line - this is available from your phone company for a monthly fee.

They can tell you exactly how much it will cost - a few dollars / month usually - and they will probably want to bundle it with various other calling features - so be sure of what you are getting.

There may be instructions on the exact procedure in the front of your white pages.

The precise options available vary with the phone company, but, in general, you can set up:

1) forward ALL calls to a particular number (which you can enter)

2) forward calls when your land line is busy

3) forward calls when your land line goes unanswered for a certain number of rings (which you can set)

With variable call forwarding, you can turn those options on and off and change the number to which the call is forwarded whenever you want.

Some companies can also allow you to make some of those changes remotely (i.e. when you are away from your home phone, you can change its forwarding behavior by calling a certain number, entering a PIN number, your phone number and various other keys to indicate what you want to do).

Some phone companies also allow a selective call forwarding - where you can enter 10 or 12 numbers that will be forwarded as you indicate - and all others will ring as usual.

One other thought: if you enter a forward-to number that happens to be long distance, then the charge for that long distance call will show up on your land line phone bill.

• Ana
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Reverse Phone Number Look Up Services

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

A reverse cell phone lookup service I have used is http://reversephone.toptips.org

Enter the number in the system and they will tell you a lot of informations about the phone number and the person who owns it.

If they have extra details you will have to pay for the report.

Free reverse phone lookup sites generally don't provide anything interesting. To get further information, money will have to be paid. The free searches do not provide much more than what can be found through the phone book.

The best thing is that you can get informations about anyone!!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Yes, you can do that assuming you have call forwarding as part of your phone package. Every phone system is different. If you don't have a manual for your home phone then call your service provider and ask for one. The manual will tell you how to forward calls.

• RICH
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

I do it all the time..HOWEVER, make sure your home phone number is a LOCAL call to your cell phone, or you will be charged a toll for every incoming call answered.!! Call Forwarding is around $3.50 to $4.50 a month in most areas. *72 plus the number to forward to.. If the other phone is NOT PICKED UP, you must dial *72 and the number AGAIN....You will hear s 'stutter' dial tone that tells you it is in effect... To turn it off, dial *73....

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Can I forward calls from my home phone to my cell phone?

How would I do that? Thanks for your help!

Source(s): calls home phone cell phone: https://tr.im/Xlnm7
  • ADL
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Yes you can & I believe that some carriers have different procedures. Look in the front of your local phone book & it should give you detailed instructions.

ADB

• ashton
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

That's a good question!

• 3 years ago

Maybe that's right

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.