Alex asked in Politics & GovernmentGovernment · 1 decade ago

What are your opinions on the beer summit and the proposed new healthcare system?

just looking for opinions and reasons of why you do or do not like them

i personnally dont like either. The beer summit was a bunch of bs just because president obama acted towards something he had not been fully informed of. As for the healthcarem, i very strongly disagree. people in Canada come to the U.S. to get surgeries done because they would have to wait forever. And the whole all for one one for all thing doesnt make me happy. Hard working people will have to pay for people who dont do anything. Eventually the hardworking people arent going to work because they think that everything will be paid for without them. Next thing you know our entire nation goes down even further.

Best Answer

I think the beer summit was a good way of showing that people can talk in a civil manner without shouting and still disagree. As for healthcare reform, it is a good thing.

I am always amazed how many Americans seem not to be aware about the issues with healthcare relying on FOX and other sources to spread misinformation about the healthcare system of the USA and those abroad.

First of all, Obama wants to make insurance more available to all and change the system so that it is cheaper [1]. He also wants change so that the insurance companies find it harder to get out of paying for treatment. The system he is proposing looks similar to that which works in Holland and Switzerland where private companies are involved in providing insurance [2].

Second, of course universal health-cover sucks. That is why we in Western Europe have it. We think, hmm, our healthcare system sucks. I know, lets keep it. I guess that is the same with Japan and Canada as well.

Third, Obama campaigned on reforming the healthcare system. He said he wanted to make insurance more available and he was elected by the American people to do this [3].

FACT - the US has higher death rates for kids both for kids aged under one and those under five than western European countries with universal health coverage [4,5].

FACT – American insurance companies push up prices and work to stop paying out claims on those they cover [6].

FACT - the USA spends more on healthcare PER PERSON than any other nation on the planet [7].

That means that a dead American four year old would have had a better chance of life if they were born in Canada, France, Cuba, Germany, Japan etc, all of which have universal health coverage.

Last of all if you do not like the policies that Obama was elected to bring in, he can always be voted out of office in 2012.

The beer summit assembly replaced into as bright and effectual because of the fact the guy that proposed it. (meaning, it replaced into stupid, inneffective, pointless, and a feeble attempt by making use of an fool to purpose and cover up his foot in mouth disease.) And it confirmed the actuality that he's gonna play the race card each and every hazard he gets. Like I suggested countless months in the past....he's not MY president.

The beer summit was a feeble attempt of saying to Crowley, we are sorry for the insults but you should feel honored by just sitting with us. As for the health-care system why can't Obama emulate the systems from the Danes or Norwegians that are considered amongst the best in the world.

I Believe that its a horrible Idea.

Yes I know there trying to help up but its not a good idea. Because socialism just dosmt work. canada for example yes they all get free health care but is your an elder you have to wait for weeks to get a doctors appointment. And we will have other people deciding if we should get the surgery we need so. like if i needed a heart transplant they get to decide my life. plus

. alot a communist dictators had an idea like this and it didnt work. And i Dont believe some one oh sits around and does nothing all day should get free healthcare especially when theres people like my mom or my dad Working there *** off every day to make just enough to pay for the bills. And if you want this **** then go move to Canada or Russia And leave my country alone. And another thing is We Better Keep In God We Trust on our money

The beer summit assembly became as bright and effective because of the fact the guy that proposed it. (which potential, it became stupid, inneffective, pointless, and a feeble attempt via an fool to objective and canopy up his foot in mouth ailment.) And it confirmed the undeniable fact that he's gonna play the race card each threat he gets. Like I mentioned numerous months in the past....he's no longer MY president.

I think the Beer Summit was a ridiculous stunt. As for healthcare, I'm not so sure. I want to see everyone taken care of, but I don't want to see a government monopoly on healthcare. I would be afraid of Big Brother type of intervention if our government is responsible for everyone's health. Fatty foods might be given a higher tax, cigarettes outlawed, just too much government interference.

Beer Summit was a waste of time and the new health care system will mean higher taxes and lower quality of medical care

The health care plan will give so many more people a reason not to find a job to make sure their family has it.

And guess who paid for the beer. We paid for them to sit around and drink beer. Wonder if we paid for their trip to the white house, probably.

I love the idea of Socialized Healthcare. Americans are far too lazy and incompetent to work and pay for their own way through life, so it is a good idea for the government to take care of all of the lost little mindless sheep.