Drain flies or Fruit flies....?

Ok so I'm having a fly problem but don't know what kind of fly problem i'm exactly having. I'm hoping maybe an exterminator can answer this question for me. I have someone coming out Sat to treat my home for bugs and they told me over the phone that the flies i'm seeing are drain flies but they... show more Ok so I'm having a fly problem but don't know what kind of fly problem i'm exactly having. I'm hoping maybe an exterminator can answer this question for me. I have someone coming out Sat to treat my home for bugs and they told me over the phone that the flies i'm seeing are drain flies but they haven't actually seen what they look like yet. I'm very confused because from the pictures i've seen of both the fruit fly and drain fly..neither one look like what i'm seeing. Let me explain....I've had these tiny little ANNOYING what looks like gnats everywhere in my home..flying around and landing on everything for months now...some days it seems worse than others. These gnats are very tiny, some larger than others, they look kind of black or brown w/black stripes and they have black eyes. They usually won't stay still on something for long and they're very fast. I have not been able to figure out where they're coming from. I've seen them everywhere from in my sink if there's dirty dishes or dirty water, i find several of them dead in my freezer and refrigerator, i see them flying around the food on my shelves, i see them in my garbage can, i sometimes find them just chillin on my walls or windows, they're in every room in my home but they're the worst in my kitchen. They really seem to like gross stuff the most though like garbage in my garbage can or really dirty dishes that i haven't put in my dishwasher yet. I've killed several just by squishing them when i see them and i've tried the red wine trap which does work, they'll fly in that and die. They seem to keep getting worse and it's driving me crazy! I can't even make something to eat without one or two or five flying in my food..it's soo gross! I thought for sure from what i've read that they were drain flies cause it described them to a T but from the pictures that i've seen a drain fly looks a little larger than what i'm seeing, and their wings are larger than their body and they're fuzzy. The fruit fly looks larger, has red eyes and is only around rotting fruit which i don't have. Has anyone had the same prob and know what they are? Please let me know!!
Update: Thank you for that helpful info. I've also looked up fungus gnats and they sort of look like a small mosquito. I can't tell if that's what I have or not but it's possible. I don't have any houseplants or anything like that in my home..closest thing I have outside is a few plants that I water... show more Thank you for that helpful info. I've also looked up fungus gnats and they sort of look like a small mosquito. I can't tell if that's what I have or not but it's possible. I don't have any houseplants or anything like that in my home..closest thing I have outside is a few plants that I water daily right outside in the front yard. They seem to really be attracted my the windows during the day and they'll crawl in between the metal window frames kind of behind the screen.