? asked in Education & ReferenceStudying Abroad · 1 decade ago

Study in sweden? HELP please ???

Ok so im a 16 year old english girl i live in england at the moment but i want to move over and live with some family in sweden when i am 17 which is in december ....

i want to know how i can study in sweden at a college etc what i will have to do how i will do it what to expect etc..

i want to get a career in sweden aswell and study towards that i want to be a nursery teacher aka kindergarden teacher...

i am starting to learn swedish now so i can speak it when i go over ..

i want to know if there any fundings etc or how much it would be ?? and what i would study over there if i wanted to do the career i want to i would also in future like to go to university over there aswell

ANY advice is VERYVERY much appreciated so please help me

i am planning to move to Angelholm southern sweden

THANKYOU!

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Sthlm
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Your questions are quite general indicating that you have not done a lot of research about studying in Sweden, but you seem to already have your mind set on living with "some family" in Ängelholm, which seems very specific, especially given that the only institution of higher education in Ängelholm is the Railway Training Centre.

Your English is very poor for a native speaker. Still you seem confident that you in just a few months will be speaking a foreign language well enough for university studies.

Is this a scam?

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

If you live by yourself you have to prove that you can afford to live in Sweden, which costs about 10 000 USD annually. On a student visa you're allowed to work 20 hours a week, since you're an EU citizen however I don't know if you even need a visa.. I have no idea what rules applies for you.

You will not get funded since you're not a Swedish citizen, we get 116 USD a month as long as we study and when we study at a university or college we can also barrow money from the state, 8000 Swedish crowns a month, I don't know how much that is in USD though. Probably a little over 1 100.

Ask if I've forgotten something, gtg.

• 1 decade ago

Take a look at this piece on Tuition Free Schools in Sweden: http://nigerianstudy.blogspot.com/2009/02/tuition-...

Hope it helps you

Source(s): Study and Scholarships
  • Orla C
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Why don't you look for an organisation in Sweden that deals with foreign students? E-mail one of the colleges to ask if they know of such an organisation.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.