Do you think the laws should change about pit bulls in the UK?

i know they are illegal in the UK and if you are caught with 1 its put to sleep whether its the sweetest dog on earth or a vicious killer. im just watching 'send in the dogs' on itv. and a guys pit bull was taken off him and the police officer said that pit bulls were horrible dogs. well the pit bull they... show more i know they are illegal in the UK and if you are caught with 1 its put to sleep whether its the sweetest dog on earth or a vicious killer. im just watching 'send in the dogs' on itv. and a guys pit bull was taken off him and the police officer said that pit bulls were horrible dogs. well the pit bull they had didnt look like it would hurt a fly.

but i think that if someone has a pit bull in the UK and it is social, has never been used for fighting and it gets along with other animals and people then it shouldnt be put down.
Update: i know many kill people and thats probably why they became illegal in the UK, but there have been plenty of cases about babies being killed by rotties and these havent been banned
Update 2: the one tied on the fence wasnt vicious, but the one in the garden was
31 answers 31