Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureOther - Society & Culture · 1 decade ago

I Break Into Your Home?

Certain people are angry that the US might protect its own borders, might make it harder to sneak into this country and, once here, to stay indefinitely. Let me see if I correctly understand the thinking behind these protesters... *********and this is to make sense of it and not to support racism*********

The protesters are saying:

Imagine that I break into your home.

-You are Required to let me stay in your house

-You are Required to feed me

-You are Required to add me to your family's insurance plan

-You are Required to Educate my kids

-You are Required to Provide other benefits to me & to my family

(my wife will do all of your house work because she is also hard-working and honest, except for that breaking in part).

-If you try to call the police or force me out, I will call my friends who will picket your house carrying signs that proclaim my RIGHT to be there. It's only fair, after all, because you have a nicer house than I do, and I'm just trying to better myself. I'm a hard-working and honest, person, except for well, you know, I did break into your house

And what a deal it is for me!!!

-I live in your house, contributing only a fraction of the cost of my keep, and there is nothing you can do about it without being accused of cold, uncaring, selfish, prejudiced, and bigoted behavior.

-Oh yeah,I DEMAND that you learn MY LANGUAGE!!! so you can communicate with me.

Why can't people see how ridiculous this is?!

Favorite Answer

STW- You say not 'all" but "most" of americans are lazy and what not. Hmmm...... I ask you. What country ranks in top 10 for most developed? I can tell you america is there. And is that from us being lazy? Its comments like you make that i wish you never live in america or come near it. This is a great question that is very true. When was the last time we were invading their country demanding they speak english?

My family immigrated here from the Azores and worked their asses off to assimilate into American Culture, learned english and eventually bought land and made a life farming.

Now when I try to get a job in construction I am told they can not hire me because (And this is an actually quote a woman said to me over the phone when trying to get a job in AMERICA) "Oh I'm sorry but our Mexican workers won't work with White people, otherwise I would hire you". Now that was when I realized just how messed up this nation has become, when I can not get a job I am otherwise qualified to have I am turned down just because their Mexican Workers would not tolerate a white person working with them.

Source(s): My life in this world gone mad!
  • Jeanne

well that depends on the situation, It has happened so much around here there is always a different outcome,lol. The last time it happened they were just trying to get in when I heard them at the door. I started screaming like a crazy woman and I think I scared them, they havent' been back, lol. But in general I would make sure my children were safe first, then access the situation. Thank god for an ALARM SYSTEM!!!!

Wow, you make a good point. Personally this is how I see it, Americans claim foreigners are taking their jobs, no, their only taking the jobs Americans are too lazy to take or think the jobs don't pay enough. But at the same time, Americans are getting mad they don't have enough jobs because foreigners are taking them, but they only took the un wanted jobs in order to support themselves and their families to become a U.S citizen. And Americans don't have the greatest economy right now, but other countries do, now why is that? Because Americans are usually dumb, lazy, and fat, while other cultures (the people that get called foreigners) still value education and working hard. I'm an American citizen, yet I agree with you and think you make a very great point. I'm not saying all Americans are lazy, dumb, and fat, but a majority are...

come on all illegal immigrants have the right to steal honest americans money. we're all equal right?

how messed up is society today?

everything is so backwards

americans must sacrifice for all minorities, and illegals now. English will become the second language.

If people are all about conserving and supporting cultures, well hello let's support the american culture and not dispose of the English language and keep the american people as top priority number one!

Very good explanation, I don't know why people don't see this

You shouldn't be able to pick and choose which parts of American culture/citizen responsibility that you want....

If you wish to become an American you must fully accept our culture and our laws/rules

well let's hope that more states will adopt English for the official language

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:USA_State_Langua...

STW, do you know all of the Americas who are unemployed from the current recession who would love to have one of those crappy low paying jobs that only immigrants seem to have? Maybe if you lose your job you'll understand

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Their sense of entitlement kills me and people still want to talk sh*t about blacks who still face discrimination and they are legal citizens whose ancestors were brought here against their will. People need to wake up. I don't know what other country who would allow this nnonsense. I AGREE WITH YOU 100%

The analogy is flawed, in that you say that somone's home and someone's country are eminently comparable; they are not. Societies as a whole are much more able to accept an influx of new people (it happens every day at the maternity ward) whereas individual groups/families are not so readily able to do so.

Maybe you can understand how Native Americans feel. Go back to Europe

I love this question!!!! Awesome. I agree with you 100%!