B
B asked in Business & FinanceInsurance · 1 decade ago

It seems I qualify for an additional 33 weeks of emergency unemployment benefits?

I have one more week left on my current unemployment benefits. How do I go about applying for the emergency benefit?

My job was a very well paying, work at home job. It is next to impossible to find another job that pays so well. Right now Im looking for a job that pays at least 80% so I can pay my mortgage. It doesnt even have to be work at home. im not leaching off of any taxpayers. I pay my taxes too... I pay alot more taxes than you do. I just want to be able to pay my mortgage - for goodness sake give me a break...

Favorite Answer

To B:

You should be able to file online, but you need to wait for your current claim to expire. My advice would be to file for your EUC benefits online the day that you receive your final regular unemployment payment.

I hope this helps. Good luck in your job search. : )

TO RYAN M

Yes, she probably does need the additional weeks. You have no idea how difficult it is to find a job right now. I have been out of work for 7 months and have been busting my tail trying to find adequate employment. Finding a job in this economy when you are competing with millions of other people is not as easy as you seem to think it is.

Additionally, before you decide to rip into someone who is clearly trying to keep her head above water and avoid becoming another one of millions of foreclosures that have contributed largely to this mess we are in, you need to do your homework. TAXPAYERS DO NOT FUND UNEMPLOYMENT. The EMPLOYERS are taxed by the state, and that is where the money comes from. Not you.

I certainly hope that if you ever find yourself unemployed people treat you with more kindness than you have shown B.

• lucy

leas625 is correct. for anyone that is employed out there they are lucky and most are scared and waiting for the news they will be unemployed also.

i have read that in some instances of a job posting they have gotten thousands w/in an hour and the website crashed due to the huge response for the job.

But unfortunately, you may have to "rethink" your expectations of salary. When I was laid off last in 2003, I went to a job recruiter who asked me how much less would I accept? I was stunned since I know what the salary was in my line of work and mine was around the middle with 8 years of experience. 1 year later, I finally had to take a independent contract job that paid more, but got zero benefits; I would have gladly taken at that time maybe 60 or 70% of my prior salary if I could have gotten a permanent job with benefits which would have made up the difference of maybe 20 to 25% more in salary.

With so many people out there, employers have the pick of the "litter" to choose from and they get someone to take at a huge loss than they previously got and they can take advantage of this.

check out unemployment on the steps needed to file for your extension.

good luck

• Ryan M

You REALLY need another 33 weeks of unemployment??? How about getting off the computer and find a job???? There are jobs out there if you take the effort that you are putting forth to leach off the taxpayers and look for one.