anthony D asked in PetsDogs · 1 decade ago

Please help I am bringing a dog!?

Hello today at 3:pm I am bringing a dog.

My mom says I can only bring either a Golden retriever either a Yorkie.

I have a flat apartment that is small,I'm 13 years old and I can take care of a dog for the half of a day(12 hours)

I really want a Golden retriever but I want a Yorkie too.

Golden retriever VS. Yorkie.

Which one should I get?

• Favorite Answer

Who's going to take care of the dog, for the other 12 hours? Are you going to be able to afford to pay for vet care, spay and neuter, microchip, high quality food, Emergency Care for pet illness or injury, supplies, etc...? If the answer is No, then you need to wait to get a dog. Dogs need exercise, training and interaction. Does your apartment allow dogs? If your apartment is small, then a Yorkie would be a better choice.

Get a Yorkie. Golden retrievers are quite a large dog and need a lot of exercise (preferably off lead in the countryside not an urban dog!)

Ideally if you own a dog there should be someone there all the time as dogs can get lonely.

well, small dogs (yorkie) bark a lot so if you have close neighbors you might not want to get one unless you don't think the neighbors will get annoyed. if you are a first-time dog owner, i say get a golden retriever. they are really friendly!

yorkies can be snappy little things, whereas retrievers are alot larger and need more walking etc, if me i would go 4 the retriever, but as u are living in a flat u might be better going for the yappy snappy yorkie or choosing another breed..

Retriever will probably be the best choice. If your a first time dog owner

GRs are so friendly and so are yorkies, but the yorkie would be a better choice for you because of your small apartment.

since you live in a apartment your better off getting a yorkie terrier.

Illiterate children that can't even pick a breed w/out a CYBER-VOTE from other equally ignorant babbling children should NOT be trusted w/a bowl of goldfish.

Does your mommy still put your clothes out in the morning?

If you AND you mother cannot decide on a breed than neither. Its not for US to tell you which one to get, that is for you two to figure out which breed suits you better. You don't get a pet based on popular vote, that is how you end up with a dog that doesn't fit you, your home or your lifestyle.

Yorkie its small cuddley and doest take up much room

Source(s): dog owner