any tips in rugby please it would be greatly apreciatted read description btw?

Hey this is my first season i play u14 i usually play second row but sometimes i play prop so i get the ball alot i scored 2 tries this season and set up many more by hitting the ball up to the goal line but usually the backs score is this ok any other tips would be really helpfull

btw im 5:11 and 167 lb if that matters

Favorite Answer

Your alright mate, but there wont be any true brawlers playin in USA, if you played here and tried to act tough youd leave with a broken nose.

Its good you started playing and stick to it, wont be that hard to make international team.

If you want to get better, just get more aggresive, this should help offence and defence.

BTW this is my first year in League as well (played Union) and have scored 2 tries in three games averaged about 20 tackles a game (25min half) and 15-20 m every run.

Source(s): Me

Well I once played alongside Alfie Langer for the Caloundra Sharks on the Suni Coast after he retired. Mate all you gotta do is hit the ball up through the rucks, look for a possible offload ( not a silly one thats gonna make your mate drop the ball or get him absolutely smashed). I'm a little taller but a little less in weight and I played in the backs. Depends how agile you are and how much effort you put in the game. I was once told 'hold that ball like its pussy' and I never dropped a ball since then, and I doubt that you will now. If you live for the game, then the game will live for you and you will soon learn what is needed in Rugby League. Good on ya mate.

Source(s): NRL Fanatic.

Nah mate, thats your job to run hard & try bust the line as much as you can to set up an offload or just to simply gain metres. Without you forwards the backs wouldnt get that close to the line so dont think because you dont score too many tries it makes you unimportant. Good to hear you're setting tries up too, thats heaps important as a backrower to get a good offload after running the ball so keep that up. Sounds like you're going good so not much to improve, just remember your position is also a vital one for defence so make as many tackles as you can and keep running the ball up hard & if its in your game plan, get the offloads happening whenever you can. Good luck.

just keep hitting the ball up hard and set a nice platform for the backs. you will be recognized alot better if you do the hard stuff up the middle instead of trying to score tries every time you run. keep it basic and run hard and look for the occasional off load. that should help mate.

the backs score the most tries in rugby league. a forwards job is to make the metres down field.

im guessing ur american with the imperial measurements. good to see an american playing this great game.

Who cares you are a seattle fan and that is awesome. Im a huge seattle fan. That is cool that you live in AUS. keep representing the hawks. They are a great team and looking forward to a new season. Josh wilson went to college here where i live. Great player. Very fast. Plus watch out for players like Aaron Curry, Brandon Mebane, Corry Redding, Deon Butler, John Carlson to make big impacts this year. The defense will be one of the best this year. GO HAWKS

Please mate, dont refer to it as 'Rugby' Rugby & Rugby League are two very different codes of football, but could luck to you, we hear the USA are starting a Pro Rugby League comp over there.

Source(s): GO EELS.....GODS CHOSEN TEAM.