Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

Idea for new WTC buildings?

I see that there is still dispute and debate over the construction taking place at ground zero in New York City. So how about if we just do what Donald Trump suggested: simply rebuild the twin towers, only 1 floor higher to send a message to the rest of the world that you can't break the American spirit?

Favorite Answer

I think they should be rebuilt, using more substantial construction, same outside appearance, but 100 stories higher. Building twice as high would basically say to the terrorists "screw you, suckers!"

It's too late. Hundreds of millions of dollars of construction is already in place at the site.

The dispute is between the politicians and the developer of three of the towers. Construction is chugging along despite them, with 600 - 800 people working on site six days a week. See link.

Source(s): www.wtcprogress.com

I like Donald Trump and this would be a great message about the American Spirit. I would rebuild them but plan escape routes in the event of attack and make them like fortresses.

I would be proud if that happened.

I want something good to come of this.

I shall never forget that day and I believe that many of our people have forgotten it and what pain it caused, somehow.

Trump has a great idea. It's ridiculous to only put a memorial on prime real estate in the heart of NY city. It's not disrespectful to the lives that were lost. They will always be remembered.

We need to build a tower taller than any other in the world..

and regain our status, as a come back.....

possible one that reaches the ozone

I like Trump's idea.

9/11 was an inside job. there are no terrorist, unless you are calling cheny bush terrorist. NONE OF YOU CAN PHYSICALLY PROVE IM WRONG. IF YOU CAN, SHOW ME PLANE WRECKAGE THAT IS PROVEN TO COME FROM AMERICAN AIRLINES, OR DOCUMENTATION THAT PROVES BY SERIAL NUMBER IT WAS THOSE PLANES>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>BET YOU CAN"T.

build, build and build some more ! Send a loud message that screams "screw you" to every terrorist,

I think they are calling it the freedom tower.