Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsOther - Family & Relationships · 1 decade ago

Pregnant with my bf but he does not work, but his parents are wealthy. Are they obliged to support the baby?

i got pregnant with my boyfriend, but he has some mental issues and cannot work anymore. He wants to break up with me. His parents are very wealthy but not sure if they will be willing to support my baby. Are they by law obliged to pay for the child support?

• Joe F
    Favorite Answer

You made a baby with someone who is mentally ill?How stupid can you be?

NO his parents (and no one else) are NOT obliged to pay for your baby, YOU are obliged to go to work after it is born or give it up for adoption.Give the baby for them to raise and hope it don't turn out to be a mental case like your b/f.I suspect your b/f is not mentally ill as much as he is lazy.

If you and your bf are old enough to make a baby then you should be old and mature enough to take care of it - financially, emotionally, physically and spiritually and until it is 18 years old. You would be wise to dump your bf and get on with your life. His parents are in no way obligated to fund your baby's life. There are programs out there to help single mothers while they are pregnant, and after the baby is born.

They're not legally obligated but if they do decide to support the baby better be careful. They just might want to raise it too.

I don't believe the grandparents are bound by law to suppport the baby, only the boyfriend. Morally, though, supporting the baby would be the right thing to do if their son is incapable. But I don't think you can legally make them.