Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 1 decade ago

Pregnant with my bf but he does not work, but his parents are wealthy. Are they obliged to support the baby?

Pregnant with my bf but he does not work, but his parents are wealthy. Are they obliged to support the baby?

i got pregnant with my boyfriend, but he has some mental issues and cannot work anymore. He wants to break up with me. His parents are very wealthy but not sure if they will be willing to support my baby. Are they by law obliged to pay for the child support?

21 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

If he's under 18 they are. If not, no. They are not obligated.

If he collects any disability, you can claim some of that as child support. The courts will garnish that, and give it to you.

• 1 decade ago

No, his parents are not obligated to help with the baby. You and your boyfriend were the stupid ones who had sex knowing that you could not handle the possible outcome (a baby). It is up to the two of YOU to support this child. If you are 100% certain that you cannot financially and emotionally support a child, look into adoption.

EDIT: His parents are not obligated to help out even if your boyfriend is under 18. Kids can still be ordered by the court to support their own children. No law requires parents to pay child support for their grandchildren.

• 1 decade ago

Hell to the NO.

Are your paternal grand parents financially responsible for caring for you?

Their financial situation is of no concern of yours.

If your baby's daddy gets a check for his mental incapacitation, then your child is entitled to a percentage of that money.

So pull your gold digging claws back in and consider working to support yourself and that poor innocent baby that is about to become a pawn in this "war that is a brewing"

Although it would not hurt to be very nice to them at this point because if they are as wealthy as you state, then maybe they will take this kid from you.

Now don't you have a lot of thinking to do?

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

If you are under 18, your parents are the ones that have to support the baby.

If you are over 18... If he is under 18, his parents have to pay child support in his place.

If you are over 18.... If he is over 18, only he is responsible for providing for the baby. Grandparents have no say or obligation in the matter UNLESS the boyfriend is legally deemed unfit for work.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

The parents aren't obliged to support the baby, but he definitely is.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Shame on you! Were you taking advantage of a mentally challenged young man? Now you can sit back and hope that his parents will feel obligated to support his offspring. An age old twist on golddigging, that's for sure...but mentally challenged? Heartless!

• CoeyG
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Nope, your boyfriend is obligated to pay for the baby because he CHOSE to unzip his pants, pull down his drawers and plant his seed while YOU chose to spread your legs. The only two people responsible for the financial support of this baby are YOU and your boyfriend.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

They are obligated to support nothing. Your bf should get off his lazy butt and get a job and support his own kid himself. Of course, as soon as he found out you were pregnant, he got mental issues. If he can pork you, he can get a job and pay.

• 1 decade ago

after the baby is born get a paternity test take it to court and he will have to pay child support--thats usually based off of ho much he makes and since hes mental then if his parents are responsible for him then most likely they will be the ones paying the child support

Source(s): and why did u have sex with a guy who has metal problems?
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

if hes over 18 then hes under full obligation to support the baby.

they don't have to do anything.

its not their baby, its yours!

talk him into getting some money from them to help out alittle.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.