Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsPhysics · 1 decade ago

Physics help!...work?

A 2 kg box is pushed up the frictionless incline with a force of 5 N over a distance of 8 m until it reaches the platform that is 2 m off the ground.

a. Calculate the work done in pushing the box by using the formula

W= Fd

b. Calculate the work done by using the formula W =  PE

I will choose the best answer!

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

F = 5N, m = 2kg, Height = h = 2m , d = 8m

Angle theeta is given by cos(theeta) = sqrt60/8 = 0.96825

Work done in moving through a distance of 8m inclined at an angle theeta is F cos(theeta) d = F x 0.96825 x 8 = 38.73 J

The work done is also expressed as change in pot . energy

mgh - 0 = 2x9.8x2 = 39.2 J

• 4 years ago

merely greater physics jargon ... i'm not even particular if it is actual anymore ... Photons and gluons are strictly massless. they are the gauge fields of unbroken symmetries (not merely like the susceptible vector bosons). because of the stable stress and the self-interactions of the gluons (the stable stress originates from a non-Abelian team -- so there is self interplay between the gauge fields -- the gauge fields themselves are charged), there could be gluon condensation and the condensation looks huge. As they are massless, they don't promptly work together with Higgs boson on the tree-point. At larger-loop ranges, there are interactions considering which you've all kinds of digital debris (i.e. debris which at the instant are not 'on-shell'). the comparable possibly is going for the interactions with gravitons (the particle interpretation of the gravitational container). Photons curve around super bodies. Photons can not get away black holes while they are interior the form horizon of the black holes. although, those 2 issues are somewhat autonomous, till the curvature of the photon trajectory is brought about via the black hollow.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.