how long is a divorce in the uk?

is there a quicker way to divorce. I am prepared to pay a bit extra to ensure its over and done with asap

2 Answers

  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    If you can be amicable with your ex, you can go to the county court and fill in some forms. You have to pay a fee but it is SO much cheaper than going to a solicitor. The only time you need to go to a solicitor is if you have assets that you can't divide amicably or child contact issues that can't be handled as adults.

  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

    Exactly 2 years from the day of separation. No exceptions unless the marriage wasn't consummated then you can get an annulment.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.