What is it in mascara that I'm allergic to?

I can only use one certain brand of mascara, and that is the Max Factor kind. If I use any other kind I have an allergic reaction and my eyes swell up real bad. I've even tried expensive brands that were also supposedly hypoallergenic. Does anyone else have this problem, or know what it could be in the mascaras that I'm allergic to? I get so irritated because I want to try other types. Please help.

Favorite Answer

try Xtreme eyelash extensions, i have a client who had that problem but she's sweet with lash extensions & there's no need for mascara, all their products r medical grade, hypoallergenic and pretty awesome

It has happened to me before. I think it must be the perfume or pigment that's used. I especially find blue coloured ones bad. Stick with what's good for you, it's not worth the discomfort.

im not sure but just keep using max factor.

why dont you just try using fake eyelashes and avoide all the hassle x

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=ApOlk...

see an optician

Source(s): anni