Is the iq test bullshit ?

My iq is 135 and i got 5 test done and it all gave,more or less the same results but i am an extremely average student at school

is the iq test bullshit ?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • rob y
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Assume your IQ is 135 for a moment. Your IQ refers to your ability to complete certain tasks, such as those in the IQ test itself. Working out puzzles, thinking games and seeing patterns, etc.

Your school grades are about EFFORT.

You can always improve the effort you put in to school work. But your IQ should always remain the same. For the most part, your IQ score is nothing more than something to talk about.

But let's look at your school work. Try this at school. For each class, pay close attention for the first 10 minutes and the last 5 minutes of the class. This is very important. Most of the true teaching is done during this time. Much of the work during the rest of the class is time to discuss or work on the material in class.

You will find that you start to learn a great deal more with less effort and your grades will improve.

It is tempting to keep chatting with your friends but just for this 10 minutes at the start and 5 minutes at the end of class will make a huge difference.

The first 10 minutes is when the teacher explains the concept and how it works. The last 5 minutes is when many teachers give you a summary of how to do the work and in some cases, teachers will give hints on what areas to concentrate on for exams. Everyone in class is told, but not everyone listens.

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Is the iq test bullshit ?

My iq is 135 and i got 5 test done and it all gave,more or less the same results but i am an extremely average student at school

is the iq test bullshit ?

Source(s): iq test bullshit: https://tr.im/clby5
  • Anonymous
    5 years ago

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/avwgP

True. Studies are inconsistent on which gender is smarter, or if there even is a smarter gender, but they all agree that there's a lot more within-group than between-group variance in IQ. Men are more likely to be represented on the extreme high or extreme low end of IQ. It evens out on average. Genius is more than just IQ. Plenty of people have IQs as high as those of the the great geniuses, and yet never become geniuses. Marilyn vos Savant, for example. Higher IQ than Einstein OR Hawking. Did she ever become a genius? No. This is because genius depends on a combination of innate gifts, dedication to a field, and mentoring by an expert in that field.

• 6 years ago

People refuse to accept that NOTHING about grades has to do with intelligence. Getting good grades is about effort and memorization. Telling somebody "they're smart" just because they got a good mark on an exam is incorrect. You need an above average intelligence to be a professional doctor, or a mathematician, but anything grades K-12, not so much. Any dummy can do well in college ... to a point. If you get poor grades perhaps you have ADD, depression, a crappy home life, etc.. Maybe you just don't care. Having a high IQ only means that you have more potential. If you realize that potential or not it up to you.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

You say your IQ test is 135, can I ask you who measured it? there are so many tests out there particularly on line tests which invariably show average people like yourself have an IQ of 135 and over, and as you say are usually bullshit.

I suggest as always that you take a MENSA test, it's a test which is universally recognised, you can take a home test first of all, it will cost about £9 to get it marked (Nothing worthwhile is free), if you score highly enough you will be invited to take a similar test under supervised conditions in a centre, if you are confident enough you can skip the home test and go straight for the supervised one, if you score highly enough you will be invited to join MENSA (optional).

Source(s): MENSA member, you can find details on the web.
  • 1 decade ago

1. You must know the creator of that IQ test. The true IQ test is from pychology field.

2. IQ is more like all of your skill. If you are an average student with IQ 135, its mean you just don't find yet how to study well. Your potential skills is still sleep down inside yourself. Its time to make this potential skills come out.

• 6 years ago

Yes. IQ is bullshit that is designed by whites, against most minorities.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.