1 egg, beaten

1 small green bell pepper, chopped

1 onion, chopped

1/2 cup dry hot wheat cereal

1/2 cup milk

1 dash Worcestershire sauce

salt and pepper to taste

DIRECTIONS

1.Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).

2.Chop sausage finely. In a large bowl combine beef, sausage, egg beat, bell pepper, onion, cereal, milk, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Mix together and press into a loaf pan.

3.Bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour, or until cooked through. Drain grease from loaf pan periodically during baking. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.

• 5 years ago

I don't,but I'd say whatever kind you like the taste of. I think sage would be OK-rosemary is also good. I make turkey meatloaf and I think next time I'll try some sage in that.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Here are some interesting recipes:

Meatloaf

2 pounds ground beef

2 1/2 cups crushed Ritz cracker

1 medium onion, chopped

2 eggs

2 slices bacon

3/4 cup ketchup

1/4 cup brown sugar

Sauce

1 cup ketchup

2 tablespoons white vinegar

3/4 teaspoon salt

2 tablespoons yellow mustard

1/2 cup brown sugar

Preheat oven to 350. Mix all meatloaf ingredients, except bacon. Press into loaf pan and top with bacon. Bake for 1 hour. Mix sauce and spread over top during last 15 minutes of baking.

=================

Lemon Barbeque Meatloaf

Serves 6

1 ½ pounds ground beef

¼ cup lemon juice

½ cup water

1 egg beaten

4 slices day-old bread, torn into small pieces

¼ cup chopped onion

2 teaspoons seasoning salt

½ cup ketchup

1/3 cup brown sugar

1 teaspoon mustard powder

¼ dash ground allspice

¼ teaspoon ground cloves

6 slices lemon

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish. In a large bowl, mix together the ground beef, lemon juice, water, egg, bread, onion and seasoning salt until well blended. Shape into 6 individual loaves. Place them in the prepared baking dish.

Bake for 15 minutes in the preheated oven while you prepare the topping, stir together the ketchup, brown sugar, mustard powder, allspice and cloves. Spoon the sauce over the loaves, then top each one with a slice of lemon.

Return to oven, and bake for an additional 30 minutes, or until cooked through.

===================

Momma Joe’s Meatloaf

Old Fashioned meatloaf like mom used to make. This even has the sauce on top, it’s just yummy.

2 pounds Ground Beef

2 Eggs

2 teaspoon Thyme Leaves

2 teaspoon Heinz 57 Sauce

Glaze:

1/2 cup Ketchup (I only use Heinz)

1/4 BBQ Sauce

1 tablespoon Heinz 57

1/2 medium Onion

1/2 Green Bell Pepper

2 Stalks of celery

Salt/Pepper to taste

1 tablespoon Granulated garlic

1 cup Italian Style Bread Crumbs

2 tablespoon Lea & Perrins

Meatloaf

Puree ~ onion, green bell pepper & celery. Whip eggs, add Heinz 57, Lea & Perrins, thyme, salt/pepper, granulated garlic, vegetable puree (listed in step 1). Mix well

Add bread crumbs and ground beef. Mix until blended well (do not over mix). Shape. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.

Glaze

Mix all ingredients well. Pour over cooked meatloaf. Return to oven until bubbly.

================

Meat Loaf

1 cup tomato sauce

1 ½ tablespoons Kraft original barbecue sauce

1 tablespoon granulated sugar

1 ½ pounds of ground sirloin

6 tablespoons all-purpose flour

¾ teaspoon of salt

½ teaspoon onion powder

¼ teaspoon ground black pepper

dash of garlic powder

Preheat oven to 400 degrees

Combine the tomato sauce, barbecue sauce, and sugar in a small sauce pan over medium heat. Heat mixture until it begins to bubble, stirring often, then remove from heat

In a large bowl add all but 2 tablespoons of the tomato sauce to the meat. use a large wooden spatula to work the sauce into the meat until it's well combined.

Combine the remaining ingredients with the ground sirloin- flour, salt, onion powder, ground pepper, garlic powder. Use the wooden spatula or your hands to work the spices and flour into the meat.

Load the meat into a loaf pan. Wrap foil over the pan and place into the oven for 30 minutes.

After 30 minutes take the meatloaf from the oven, remove the foil, and drain the fat.

Using a knife, slice the meatloaf all the way through into 8 slices while it's still in the pan. This will cook the center of the meatloaf. Pour the remaining 2 tablespoons of sauce over the top of the meat stream down the center. Don't spread the sauce.

Place the meatloaf back into the oven, uncovered, for 25-30 minutes or until its done. Remove it to cool for a few minutes before serving.

• 1 decade ago

Seasoned bread crumbs, red onion, eggs, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Then I roll it up with deli ham and provolone and bake.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

i put in sauteed onion and garlic, bread crumbs, an egg, salt and pepper and a little ketchup.. then when it's almost done i top it with a hot sauce,ketchup and brown sugar mixture...

• sparky
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

1 pound of crispy, crumbled bacon

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

try mushroom soup.

• 1 decade ago

cornflakes.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.