How will we pay for health care without raising middle class' taxes?

18 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

BILLY MAYS HERE TO PITCH THE TRUTH!

GET MONEY FROM CHINA--INCREASING THE DEBT, UNTIL CHINA SAYS NO--THEN WE DIE!

LIBERALS ARE DOING WHAT DUBYA DID, AND ITS PRETTY SAD TO SAY THEY ARE DIFFERENT WHEN THEY REALLY ARE JUST MORE OF THE SAME-- BUT WITH A BIT OF STEROIDS!

• 1 decade ago

Obama is hoping that the middle classes will have no tax rises to fund healthcare, but is is aware that rises may be needed.

I am always amazed how many Americans seem not to be aware about the issues with healthcare relying on FOX and other sources to spread misinformation about the healthcare system of the USA and those abroad.

First of all, Obama wants to make insurance more available to all and change the system so that it is cheaper [1]. He also wants change so that the insurance companies find it harder to get out of paying for treatment. The system he is proposing looks similar to that which works in Holland and Switzerland where private companies are involved in providing insurance [2].

Second, of course universal health-cover sucks. That is why we in Western Europe have it. We think, hmm, our healthcare system sucks. I know, lets keep it. I guess that is the same with Japan and Canada as well.

Third, Obama campaigned on reforming the healthcare system. He said he wanted to make insurance more available and he was elected by the American people to do this [3].

FACT - the US has higher death rates for kids both for kids aged under one and those under five than western European countries with universal health coverage [4,5].

FACT – American insurance companies push up prices and work to stop paying out claims on those they cover [6].

FACT - the USA spends more on healthcare PER PERSON than any other nation on the planet [7].

That means that a dead American four year old would have had a better chance of life if they were born in Canada, France, Cuba, Germany, Japan etc, all of which have universal health coverage.

Last of all if you do not like the policies that Obama was elected to bring in, he can always be voted out of office in 2012.

• 1 decade ago

Lower the cost of health care!!!

Instead of raising taxes, lower the cost so the last group of uninsured americans can afford to buy coverage.

Basically pay for it out of the money we save. The problem isn't that we have people without insurance, it's that health care is too expensive. We need to focus on the real problem.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

tax revenue is already DOWN 18% this year. That means we have a giant budget hole to fill before we can even consider a GIANT new program. How about we do health care reform, before the current proposals for increasing health care costs. What has gotten us into this mess - everyone saying they should gey all these services for free and just have the "rich" pay. Lets try some personal responsibility.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • ash
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

After you reverse the Bush tax cuts, then I am open to taxing middle and up. I am not a middle class freeloader, I expect to pay for what we do even if like the debacle of invading Iraq it was totally wrong and against my better judgment. I expect others to do the same, not to say well the poor are freeloaders so I won't pay my share either.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Either you DO raise taxes or you cut care.

@AA-Star Trek Lover: How do you propose that a government with no source of revenue other than taxes, tarrifs, etc. pay for a huge plan such as health care? Europe, Canada, and the like all pay for it in taxes.

- Libertarian

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

each and all the yank human beings, different than the tax cheating Dem's. He taxes us, and taxes us. Canada and tremendous Britain are going broke because of the fact of their socialized well-being care, and so can we if it gets exceeded. He additionally promised no tax will advance on the middle type. No. He can't pull it off, without destroying our u . s . a . as all of us comprehend it.

• 1 decade ago

We can't pay for it without raising taxes on the middle class!! While to you think they are testing the water by what Summers and Giethner said on the Sunday new programs!!???

Damn people, Wake the hell up!! There's no way in this can be paid for any other way!

• 1 decade ago

You pay for it like everyone does in this World.

Star Treck, Get a real life my Boy. America is a long way behind other Countries at the moment. Wake Up.

• 1 decade ago

By getting the Federal Government out of it and letting people purchase their own health care and insurance. Eliminate the entire HMO concept and restore simple catastrophic care insurance like we used to have it. Let the people pay out of tax exempt medical savings acounts for their regular care and pay the doctors at point of service in cash.

• cantcu
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

We'll raise the riches taxes as they own 90% of the wealth in this country, and they sure are not creating jobs.

Moreover, you already pay for it in every ER in this country on a daily basis!

And just perhaps these obscene providers of health-care will have to provide it at a rate that is reasonable. An average policy cost $4,000 more than a minimum wage worker earns a year!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.