? asked in Arts & HumanitiesPerforming Arts · 1 decade ago

How do i teach myself guitar?

Has anyone got a good website that i wont have to sign up for and that i wont have to pay for either

• Vince
    Favorite Answer

There are a ton of websites out there. I'll start throwing some around (although some may have already been posted).

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/ - This is a very large website with a lot of users. I'd say it's probably the best place for finding guitar tablature, and it also has a lot of users on the forums.

http://guitar.about.com/library/blguitarlessonarch... - I remember using this site a ton when I was first starting out. It has pretty good beginner lessons, chord diagrams, etc.

http://www.zentao.com/guitar/ - While I've never really checked out the beginner lessons on this site, I bet they're probably useful. I used this site mostly to learn music theory specific to guitar, as I didn't really have prior musical experience.

Aside from that there are plenty of lessons that you can find on the internet, there are a lot on youtube... I've never really used youtube lessons though, because back when I still needed lessons my internet was too slow for videos...

Although some people claim you do, you certainly do not NEED a teacher. I had four lessons, and the only really valuable thing I learned was how to restring my guitar. I was learning much faster than my teacher seemed to realize, mostly by using the internet and practicing.

I hope that helps, good luck.

• Kab

Learning the Guitar

You need a course of instruction.

The best way is with a private teacher

2nd would be class lessons

3rd regularly get together with other guitar players

or if you absolutely will or can not do the above, Buy a book on how to play the guitar and follow it religiously.

last would be to find some free online lessons and skip around in them doing what YOU think you want to do next.

Guitar is one of the world’s most popular instruments.

It is easy to take with you.

It has a sound that people like.

It can be use in almost any type of music.

Almost anyone can learn to play it.

Simple music is easily played after only a few days or weeks.

You can continue to learn new and challenging music forever.

This website is excellent:

www.justinguitar.com

It's free and you don't need to sign up.

When you get there, just click on "The Basics" tab on the right side. The website will show you the basics of playing and then progresses to more and more advanced material. That website has virtually everything you may need to learn in terms of technique and theory.

Search VGuitar lessons, I learned everything from I know from it, and I'm really good now!!

it's 12 lessons for free, and the show up in your email inbox! Each lesson is under 10 minutes long, but very informative. You can pause, rewind, and go over everything too.

You get one every 2-4 days... so it gives you time to practice.

I love Ben Lowrey!

either youtube

ultimate-guitar.com they have some good free lessons

or you can just google "how to play guitar" and you should get a few free sites that teach you chords and stuff like that

i taught myself to play the guitar and all i did was go onto utube and took for the chords. after i learnt the chords i googled the songs i wanted to play