sharp pains and aching knees... sore when playing football...?

aorund 3 years ago, I had a knee problem (right) and went to see my football clubs physio. was never diagnosed but a few different exercises cured it after a while. Then, around a year ago, I had another problem with my right knee (after landing and twisting knee playing Football). I went to see the doctor and he forwarded me on to a physio who said it was "Posterior Cruciate Ligament damage". I was out of action for a few months and when I came back it seemed fine. Then, last weekend, I was playing Football again and I had similar pains in my left knee. I continued playing the match but since then, my left knee has been so sore. Whenever I extend my leg, I get sharp, shooting pains through my knee for around 30 seconds and then it aches for about 3/4 minutes.

Everytime I have had knee trouble, it has been on the top and the inside of my kneecaps. I'm putting it down to the twisting and turning involved with playing Football..., but what do you guys think?

By the way, I am 20 years old and I currently play Football at a fairly high standard which involves training once or twice a week and playing a match once or twice a week.

Favorite Answer

I've seen problems with knees when all the tendons and everything aren't all the same length, one gets sloppy over the other and ends up with the knee getting twisted more. To get them all together do this exercise. Sitting on a chair, wrap both your hands around one leg and with our fingertips find the tendons in the back of your knee, two on the inside and two on the outside, one of them part way up the outside of your leg. Place a finger on each one and put your thumbs right behind your kneecap. Pull up hard with your fingers and press down with your thumbs and hold tight. Now relax, take a deep breath and exhale and don't tense up any part of your body, including your arms, let your hands and fingers do the work. After 30 seconds, very slowly slide your foot outward until your leg is fully extended. Release the pressure and let your leg rest there for one minute.

I dislocated my knee and have aches in it all the time and if I stand on it too long I get shooting pains. I would suggest to go to a different doctor. You may need an MRI. You may have torn something. Just find a really good orthopedic! Not a crappy one.