:) asked in TravelCanadaOther - Canada · 1 decade ago

Does Vancouver canada have all four seasons?

Thanks im curious

and might move to canada when i get older

4 Answers

Relevance
  • MattH
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Yeah

We in Alberta would argue they don't really have a winter time...it rarely goes below 0 C (32 F) there. We definitley envy their weather... although rain sucks... I would much rather choose a drizzly December than 40 below.

It's very beautiful in the lower mainland and on Vancouver Island (and i BC in general). Autumn is great, lots of great colours. Winter is tame, and by Albertan standards, virtually enjoyable. Summer is hot(but not too hot). I'm always amazed at how predictable the weather is out there.... the weather guys are actually correct half the time!

Spring is great... so much green.

So ya, long story short... Vancouver and the lower mainland(and the Island) have all four seasons and very good weather.

If you're looking for snow though, you won't find it there. They do get it at least once a year, but it's rare. The mountains are a different story though.

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

I think the answer to that question is a matter of perspective. Having moved from Ontario, I will say that there are definitely 4 distinct seasons there. From an easterners perspective, Vancouver has 2 seasons--rain and sun aka summer and winter. JMHO.

• Mug R
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

It does, but they are more similar than in most other cities. For instance, winter-not that cold, not that much snow

autumn- Doesn't turn as beautiful of a color as other places in the country

summer- not as hot as summer in the rest of the country, lots of rain all season.

Vancouver weather is good, but for 4 seasons its kinda lame compared to other cities in Canada.

• Justin
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

Definately. Vancouver can be compared to Seattle or Baltimore in terms of weather. The mountains actually trap the warm Pacific air warming the entire province of British Columbia.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.