What are the possible solutions that you can think of of reducing carbon dioxide?

I've been looking into replicating photosynthesis, capturing it and shoving it in groups underground or in the ocean, guiding it into space, or splitting it into it's separate elements. Are there any other ideas that you can think of or some key points that you'd like to discuss on these methods? This question is open in hopes of a wide range of discussion. In my opinion, splitting it into carbon and dioxide would be the most profitable because the system could essentially be applied to other planets with an atmosphere of CO2 and speed up the creation of O2 in the atmosphere. There's a lot more I'd like to say, but I'm not trying to make this too long. Thanks.

Favorite Answer

Good luck. I'm sure you could reduce Carbon to something like Methane and Oxygen but it's going to require huge amounts of energy unless you had a descent catalyst. Carbon Dioxide is extremely stable compared to something like Methane, that's why when you burn Methane with oxygen, you'll always make Carbon Dioxide.