Why do so many people get so nasty about the Twlight series?

I'm not a Twihard, I do like the books (note: I said like not love) but i just wanna know...why get so nasty.

Favorite Answer

I think maybe people are just sick of it. I used to love Twilight. I would reccommend it to all of my friends because none of them had read it (it wasn't big yet) and be so happy when they did like it. I thought they were fun to read (Sure, not great literature, but I'm just a bored teenager looking to pass the time.) and I lined up for hours to meet Stephenie Meyer at her Eclipse book signing. I checked her website often for updates on the movie, and still remember the day that it was announced that Kristen Stewart had signed on to the movie.

That was around the time that things started to change. Suddenly girls everywhere were talking about Twilight non-stop. You couldnt go on Y!A without Team Edward/Jacob questions. And then the movie came out. There were fans everywhere, people arguing about being a "true fan" of the series. Everyone started calling it a saga. I couldnt go to school without everyone around me (Yes, everyone.) going on the computers in Intro to Business (a computer class) and watching trailers for the movie, interviews with the actors, clips from the soundtrack. It was like this cute little series that used to be fun to read was just exploded and spread across the world. So much that some people got sick of it. I hate Twilight. I still enjoy reading them, but I hate the whole fandome. I used to love Twilight, but now I can't stand it just because I see it everywhere. It's like being forced to eat spaghetti every single day of your life, you get completely and utterly disgusted by it eventually.

If someone forcefeeds you spaghetti long enough, you're bound to get a little nasty.

Apparently some people aren't into the modern type vampires. I'm a serious Twihard yet children (yes, I'm talking about the Harry Potter series readers) don't understand why. Even my mom doesn't.

Because it got so popular and everyone was talking about it it started to annoy people. I love the series I think the movie is what really started the problem.

It's not so much the books, it's the way all of the Scene kids and fangrls act about it. It's one thing to be a fan. It's another to be so obsessed you convince yourself that you can become a vampire. There have been stories about girls leaving their boyfriends because they're convinced they'll hook up with Edward. Kids have gotten into physical altercations with other kids who dare speak ill against the book.

Seriously, just because you like a book doesn't mean you need to physically assault people if they don't like it.

there is yet another e book that tells the story in basic terms from Edwards point of view. you will discover the 1st financial ruin on the author's internet site. She continues to be engaged on it. you should in basic terms discover greater on her internet site on condition that I looked final.

hmm,i dunno.i believe that if stephanie meyer were to just end her story at twilight,such things would not have happen.i think the next series are really redundant and not to mention,nonsensical.i just don't understand why she has to continue the story when it just makes things worse.

Because B&A has been, for the past year, bombarded with questions along the lines of 'TEAM EDWARD OR TEAM JACOB?', 'Which book is your favourite' and 'I need a new series after Twilight!'.

Gah! What's wrong with the searchbar, honestly.

i am a twilight fan (not fanatic), and started reading the series before the whole craze. i think that people are just annoyed with the whole team edward/ team jacob, fanatic tween girls.

i think i am a twihard to a degree, i have no idea why people are like this. i would like to know

Because it is a self insertion cheesy, unrealistic series that gives young girls skewed versions of love.