I heard my friend talking on the phone and telling someone hes gay. Is it wrong that i dont want to be frie?

I heard my friend talking on the phone and telling someone hes gay. Is it wrong that i dont want to be friends with him anymore?

Add: I think he stares at me in the corner of his eye when i pee in the urinal, and he has asked me to spend the night the past month.

Favorite Answer

its a little low

just cause he is gay doesent mean he wants to pound you.

Is this person someone you enjoyed spending time with before you found out? Meaning if you didn't know this about him would you have been thinking of kicking him to the curb anyway? If the answer is no, then is it worth losing a perfectly good friend over a preference? I am not going to go on about showing acceptance etc.. I get the feeling it wont matter all that much to you right now. This is a tuff call, I don't know how old you are, but I am going to assume you are still in school and that you are afraid how this will reflect on your image. So I cannot go on about how noble it would be to stay true to your friends. Personally I don't think I would stop being friends with him, perhaps what he needs right now is a good friend.

Jehovah's Witnesses do not have a rule saying that in order to be baptized, you must become enemies with any certain group of people. We're not like that, although there are plenty of people here who try to say otherwise. I'm a Witness, I have a friend who is gay, but he is not my close friend. He's more like a "Hi, how are you?" friend. Even though we've known each other our whole lives.

• ARTmom

Has he ever done anything to bother you with this or make any sexual assumption with you? If he is a good friend, then why should it matter. If he ever asks you, explain your point of view-but, like politics or religion, people should keep things to themselves I think. If he's that type-I would enjoy the friendship and stop creeping out because that is totally a choice you are making yourself.

it is wrong if you dont want to be his friend because hes gay...you were friends before you found out right?? and with the whole looking at you thing i think your just paranoid since you heard hes gay thats all but if you dont wanna be peoples anymore thats on you dude <33

Well, when I found out my friend was gay I didn't want to hang wth him because it was awkward. You really should just push aside the thought of ur friend being gay and stay friends because he's not going to change. There's no point of dropping a friend because they're gay, it's kind of selfish.

Yeah, just because he's gay doesn't mean he's going to hit on you or something. If he's just coming out, he will need all the friends he can get, so try unselfish and open minded. If he tries to make a move on you and makes you uncomfortable... that's another story.

Yes very wrong it makes you a terrible person. what the **** is wrong with bieng gay. He is still the same person that you started bieng friends with. seriously grow up. My best Friend was very very very homophobic and i came out to him. and eventually he got over it. You should too unless your a douche. Lesbians make me uncomfortable. It makes me nauseous to think about one girl let alone two, but I dont let that affect my relationship with friends that are lesbians. We is who we be.

*It is not wrong or right. It is a personal choice that you should make.

I would suggest telling him what you heard and tell him you need some time to think about it before you spend any more time with him.

Think what you want to think but in retrospect it is very wrong with you to judge someone over their sexuality. You should be ashamed honestly that's just as bad as being racist.

If your a male it might make u feel a bit uncomfortable but how is that affecting you? Are you phobic? Or maybe you scared you might be too?