Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Local BusinessesCanadaOttawa · 1 decade ago

I need help finding work in Ottawa, Ontario. Canada?

I've moved back with my family from a 12 year stint in Northern Alberta and moved back due to the recession being so bad in the area. Our families were in Ottawa and it gave our daughter the first time in her life to meet all of them and being around them. Since last Mai, all I've been able to find is a security job that barely provides enough money to substain us. After the bills are paid (my only dept is a vehicle and we have no luxuries) all we have left is about 25$/week for food. I have an Albertan Station Engineer Ticket that cant be transfered to Ontario due to a technicality in my work experience, so, I must therefore start from scratch. I've applied and let the word out to as many people as I could without success and it's not due to my lack of experience or because I'm lazy. I just need someone who could point me in the right direction or give my family and I a chance.

We've lost everything in Alberta. Our home, furniture and showed up with nothing else than what we could fit in our car. We've had some help from our families, but would like to move forward. I'm just tired of hitting dead ends and need some light at the end of my tunnel. I'm concidering returning to University in 2010 if at all possible, but need something to either help us until then or change our future for the better.

Can anyone help us?

Favorite Answer

There is some government help available for retraining. You should go to Ontario Works and see what you could qualify for. Good luck to you and yours. If God brings you to it He will bring you through it. Do not loose faith. God Bless