Christians, would you go to your daughter's lesbian wedding?

Would you refuse to attend her wedding and jeopardize your relationship with her forever, or would you give her your blessings and put aside bigotry.

Favorite Answer

marriage was around before christianity arose

Jesus never condemned gays, lesbians or bisexuals! 'homosexual was a term coined in 1868 and added to the bible in 1946 which means that it was never in the 'bible' you refer to and that it logically is not sin, there's actually another bible that's older then yours been found! the 'bible' has also been re-edited, mistranslated and misunderstood

the link elaborates on biblical marriage - it's quite the eye-opener

Alyssa - how does tolerance equal losing morals? how is it moral to hate and lie for example?

Source(s): see my profile for links about the mistranslations and misunderstandings http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFkeKKszXTw&eurl=ht...

Well, here we go with this one. I have skipped ahead and read some of the answers on here, and those answers are one reason I refuse to label myself as a Christian. I would definitely go to my daughters lesbian wedding, if I had a daughter, and if she happened to be a lesbian, because all of us have the right to love whomever we wish to love.

Also, we should not hate each other as it is said in the Bible.

He that saith he is in the light, and hateth his brother, is in darkness even until now. He that loveth his brother abideth in the light, and there is none occasion of stumbling in him.

--1 John 2:9,10

Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him.

--1 John 3:15

If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen?

--1 John 4:20

• Neon.

I have no problem with lesbians, I'm sure I could get accustomed to my daughter being a lesbian.

I don't believe in gay marriage, for reasons that don't really relate to this question, however, I would put my discomfort aside and witness the best day of my daughter's life.

....I would put aside my judgements, and prejudices and attend my daughters wedding.

It is better to operate out of love and compassion rather than a rigid adherence to moral codes of conduct.

The ability to love and accept someone regardless of their faults, failures and weaknesses...not judging them or condemning them......But putting aside your disputes and just accepting them and loving them wherever they are. This is what it means to be Christian.

You know what to do deep down! Good luck!

I am not Christians; I am David. I will think about it if my daughter is wedding a lesbian ... what about you?

• Wow, so biased with the biogtry... obviously you will only pick an answerer who isn't a Christian or who would go. Too bad, I wouldn't go. I couldn't condone it. And that doesn't make me a bigot. That makes me a concerned parent for my daughter's future. Being tolerant and losing all your morals are two different things.

• I would attend gladly, give them my complete blessings and have a wonderful time. However, if she were heterosexual and marrying an unrepentant homophobe, I would not attend or have anything else to do with him.

i dont have my own daughter but to somebody else's wedding with a camera and extra film

I would go it may not be seen as right in the christian religion, but if you love your daughter then you will support what really makes her happy

I look at it like this: she was my daughter before she discovered her sexuality, so that always has to come first. Therefore, I attend and love her no matter what.