_ asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 1 decade ago

why do black men shave their heads bald?

FIRST IM NOT RACIST JUST CURIOUS...ive seen many professional athletes have bald heads during the season but during the off season they let their hair grow out..why? If you're not going bald how come you keep it bald? even though i mentioned athletes im speaking about black men in general. IF YOU'RE NOT BLACK PLEASE DONT ANSWER THIS QUESTION CAUSE YOU'RE NOT BLACK AND DON'T KNOW WHAT YOURE TALKING ABOUT, once again i am not racist. i just really want to know

Favorite Answer

Well 1 its because it easier, 2nd because our hair is not natrually curly/ straight it is corse, they like the way it looks, some think other styles are girly, they don't want theere hair to look like peas or walk around with a lopsided afro

Source(s): Me :)
  • barus

Black Men With Bald Heads

I'll tell you what a co-worker (who is black) told me. He said he shaved his head because it was too painful watching his hair fall out. So maybe that's why Black men shave their heads. Unlike white men who do the comb over thing it's pretty hard for a Black man to do that without first having to straighten his hair. Who wants to do all that when you can jus shave it off.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

FIRST IM NOT RACIST JUST CURIOUS...ive seen many professional athletes have bald heads during the season but during the off season they let their hair grow out..why? If you're not going bald how come you keep it bald? even though i mentioned athletes im speaking about black men in general. IF...

Source(s): black men shave heads bald: https://biturl.im/V6YNR
  • Jesse

1

Source(s): Hair Loss Causes http://enle.info/HowToStopHairLoss/?3Y1N

Because it is cooler, cheaper, easier, and many women find it sexy. I sure do (as long as their head isn't some weird shape with lots of fat rolls.) It doesn't work for everyone.

hm...I realy dont know. my dad did that but he has that disease where you dont got hair in some places but not all black men have that so......

• Style choice, genetics, they look sexy