_ asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 1 decade ago

why do black men shave their heads bald?

FIRST IM NOT RACIST JUST CURIOUS...ive seen many professional athletes have bald heads during the season but during the off season they let their hair grow out..why? If you're not going bald how come you keep it bald? even though i mentioned athletes im speaking about black men in general. IF YOU'RE NOT BLACK PLEASE DONT ANSWER THIS QUESTION CAUSE YOU'RE NOT BLACK AND DON'T KNOW WHAT YOURE TALKING ABOUT, once again i am not racist. i just really want to know

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Well 1 its because it easier, 2nd because our hair is not natrually curly/ straight it is corse, they like the way it looks, some think other styles are girly, they don't want theere hair to look like peas or walk around with a lopsided afro

Source(s): Me :)
  • barus
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Black Men With Bald Heads

• 7 years ago

I'll tell you what a co-worker (who is black) told me. He said he shaved his head because it was too painful watching his hair fall out. So maybe that's why Black men shave their heads. Unlike white men who do the comb over thing it's pretty hard for a Black man to do that without first having to straighten his hair. Who wants to do all that when you can jus shave it off.

• 6 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

why do black men shave their heads bald?

FIRST IM NOT RACIST JUST CURIOUS...ive seen many professional athletes have bald heads during the season but during the off season they let their hair grow out..why? If you're not going bald how come you keep it bald? even though i mentioned athletes im speaking about black men in general. IF...

Source(s): black men shave heads bald: https://biturl.im/V6YNR
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Jesse
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Source(s): Hair Loss Causes http://enle.info/HowToStopHairLoss/?3Y1N
  • 1 decade ago

Because it is cooler, cheaper, easier, and many women find it sexy. I sure do (as long as their head isn't some weird shape with lots of fat rolls.) It doesn't work for everyone.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

hm...I realy dont know. my dad did that but he has that disease where you dont got hair in some places but not all black men have that so......

• Style choice, genetics, they look sexy

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.